As part of the Unified Community Platform project, your wiki will be migrated to the new platform in the next few weeks. Read more here.
|3.0 (total: 300)|
|3.0 (total: 60)|
The catfish is a tier 4 animal.
Mechanics[edit | edit source]
- Jellyfish, Frog, Flying Fish, Giant Isopod and Piranha evolve into catfish.
- 10,000 XP is required for a tier 3 animal to evolve into a catfish.
- Catfish evolve into Seagulls Barreleyes, Ducks, bats and Seals.
- 18,000 XP is required for a catfish to evolve into a tier 5 animal.
- Catfish drop meat upon death.
- As a catfish, friendly fire is turned off for other catfish, oarfish: meaning you cannot damage them nor be damaged by them.
Abilities[edit | edit source]
Active Abilites[edit | edit source]
- Has a charge boost that sucks in food and every player that`s at least 1 tier lower than you.
- This alongside mantas and an unfinished humpback song are the only charge based special boosts that don`t actually cost a boost
- Has a regular boost.
Suitable Biomes[edit | edit source]
- The suitable biomes for the catfish are the swamp.
- If a catfish enters the ocean surface, it will lose oxygen.
- If a catfish enters the ocean, it will lose salinity.
- If a catfish enters the arctic surface, it will lose oxygen.
- If a catfish enters the arctic, it will lose temperature.
- If a catfish enters the swamp surface, it will lose oxygen.
- If a catfish enters the deeeep, it will lose pressure.
Diet[edit | edit source]
This is a complete list of food that catfish can eat.
|Name||Can be eaten by||Image||XP||Description|
|Barb||All except for the stonefish who spawned it||0||Spawns behind a stonefish using their active ability. Deals damage upon eating it (7% of max life). Poisons anyone who eats it with a base DPS of 10% that lasts 5 seconds (except poison-immune animals). Despawns after 4 seconds.|
|Bird Poop||All except for lamprey and seagull||10||Affected by gravity. Automatically spawns below any seagull every 10 seconds.|
|Plankton||All||25||Spawns in the ocean.|
|Dam Food||Tier 1 to tier 7||35||Spawns underneath beaver dams.|
|Ice||All||50||Spawns in the arctic and deeeep.|
|Algae||Oarfish, penguin,Manatee, tier 1 to tier 6 except lamprey||50||Spawns on the ocean floor.|
|Yellow Algae||Oarfish, penguin,Manatee, tier 1 to tier 6 except lamprey||50||Spawns on the floors of the arctic and deeeep.|
|Apple||Tier 1 to tier 8 except lamprey and pelican||50||Spawns in trees.|
|Berry||Tier 1 to tier 8 except lamprey and pelican||50||Spawns in bushes.|
|Volcano Food||All except lamprey||125||Affected by gravity, floats upwards. Spawns out of volcanoes, which can be hidden in and are located in the arctic and the deeeep. When eaten as an animal that is not suited to the arctic, it will replenish some of your temperature.|
|Meat||All||1000||Spawns where an animal dies (tier 2 to tier 10 animals only). The amount of meat that spawns depends on what animal it was.|
Hiding Places[edit | edit source]
This is a complete list of terrain that catfish can hide in.
|Shipwreck||One shipwreck always appears on one of the dirt islands that border the ocean and deeeep. Tier 1 to tier 9 animals can hide here. Produces bubbles that can be eaten.|
|Abandoned House||Does not generate randomly, one abandoned house always appears in a specific location to the left of the deeeep floor. Tier 1 to tier 9 animals can hide here.|
|Broken tree||Generates on the swamp floor. Tier 1 to tier 4 animals can hide here.|
History[edit | edit source]
This section highlights all the changes made to the catfish in documented updates so far. A full changelog can be found here.