Today, 9/19, is the 6th Anniversary of Gamepedia's launch. Join us for an all-day Mega Stream on the Gamepedia Twitch channel! In addition, all users who log in during the anniversary week will receive a special achievement.
|Health:||1.5 (total: 150)|
|Damage:||1.0 (total: 20)|
|Oxygen time:||20 seconds|
|Temperature time:||10 seconds|
|Pressure time:||5 seconds|
|Salinity time:||20 seconds|
The Clownfish is a tier 1 animal.
Mechanics[edit | edit source]
- There are no animals that evolve into the clownfish, as they are a tier 1 animal.
- Fish evolve into crabs.
- 4,000 XP is required for a clownfish to evolve into a crab.
- Fish do not drop any meat, but instead yield 700 XP upon being eaten.
- As a fish, friendly fire is turned off for other clownfish, oarfish, and all tier 10 animals: meaning you cannot damage them nor be damaged by them.
- Despite friendly fire being turned off for stonefish, you can still be damaged and even killed by their barbs.
- Your best food sources are plankton, algae, and shrubs
Abilities[edit | edit source]
Passive Abilities[edit | edit source]
- Swim faster when close to other clownfish (stackable 5 times, up to 50% faster).
Suitable Biomes[edit | edit source]
- The suitable biome for the clownfish is the ocean.
- If a fish enters the ocean surface, it will lose oxygen.
- If a fish enters the arctic, it will lose temperature.
- If a fish enters the arctic surface, it will lose oxygen and temperature.
- If a fish enters the deeeep, it will lose pressure.
- If a fish enters the swamp, it will lose salinity.
- If a fish enters the swamp surface, it will lose oxygen and it will not regenerate salinity.
Diet[edit | edit source]
This is a complete list of food that clownfish can eat.
|Name||Can be eaten by||Image||XP||Description|
|Barb||All except for the stonefish who spawned it||0||Spawns behind a stonefish using their active ability. Deals damage upon eating it (7% of max life). Poisons anyone who eats it with a base DPS of 10% that lasts 5 seconds (except poison-immune animals). Despawns after 4 seconds.|
|Bird Poop||All except for lamprey and seagull||10||Affected by gravity. Automatically spawns below any seagull every 10 seconds.|
|Plankton||All||25||Spawns in the ocean.|
|Dam Food||Tier 1 to tier 7||35||Spawns underneath beaver dams.|
|Ice||All||50||Spawns in the arctic and deeeep.|
|Algae||Oarfish, penguin, tier 1 to tier 6 except lamprey||50||Spawns on the ocean floor.|
|Yellow Algae||Oarfish, penguin, tier 1 to tier 6 except lamprey||50||Spawns on the floors of the arctic and deeeep.|
|Apple||Tier 1 to tier 8 except lamprey and pelican||50||Spawns in trees.|
|Berry||Tier 1 to tier 8 except lamprey and pelican||50||Spawns in bushes.|
|Volcano Food||All except lamprey||125||Affected by gravity, floats upwards. Spawns out of volcanoes, which can be hidden in and are located in the arctic and the deeeep. When eaten as an animal that is not suited to the arctic, it will replenish some of your temperature.|
|Meat||All||1000||Spawns where an animal dies (tier 2 to tier 10 animals only). The amount of meat that spawns depends on what animal it was.|
Hiding Places[edit | edit source]
This is a complete list of terrain that clownfish can hide in.
|Anemone||Generates on the ocean floor. Tier 1 to tier 3 animals can hide here.|
|Volcano||Generates on the arctic and deeeep floors. Produces volcano food, which can be eaten. Tier 1 to tier 3 animals can hide here.|
|Shipwreck||One shipwreck always appears on one of the dirt islands that border the ocean and deeeep. Tier 1 to tier 9 animals can hide here. Produces bubbles that can be eaten.|
|Abandoned House||Does not generate randomly, one abandoned house always appears in a specific location to the left of the deeeep floor. Tier 1 to tier 9 animals can hide here.|
History[edit | edit source]
This section highlights all the changes made to the fish in documented updates so far. A full changelog can be found here.
|Pre-November 4th, 2016 (Release)||Added 7 animals: fish, crab, squid, ray, hammerhead, dolphin, and shark.|
|February 13th, 2017||Fish (orange ones) now gain a speed boost when near other fish, 10% per fish stackable 5 times.|
|April 6th, 2017||Fixed respawning as blobfish/worm/fish accordingly.|
|May 14th, 2017||Sunfish and stonefish can now attack their own species, and can't attack fish.|
|April 30th, 2018||Health and damage increased slightly. Oxygen, salinity and temperature tweaked.|
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Although it is simply referred to as "fish" in-game, it bears close resemblance to clown fish in real life.