|9.0 (total: 900)|
|8.0 (total: 160)|
|10 seconds (unaffected)|
The Giant Squid is a tier 10 animal.
Mechanics[edit | edit source]
- Humboldt Squids evolve into giant squids.
- 48,000 XP is required for a Humboldt squid to evolve into a giant squid.
- Giant squids do not evolve into any other animals, as they are a top tier animal.
- Giant squids drop meat upon death.
- As a giant squid, friendly fire is turned on for all tier 1 animals: meaning you cannot damage them nor be damaged by them.
Abilities[edit | edit source]
Active Abilities[edit | edit source]
|Grab||0.6 seconds||Charge your boost to grab the target.
You move in reverse while grabbing the target.
You gain a speed boost while grabbing based on how low your pressure is (+75%-125%).
Animals regenerate HP faster while you're holding them.
Suitable Biomes[edit | edit source]
- The suitable biome for the giant squid is the deeeep (however, do note your grab ability is designed so that you can catch animals in other biomes and take them to the deeeep, and this is made easier when you have low pressure, so that you will probably be going into other biomes often).
- If a giant squid enters the ocean, it will lose pressure.
- If a giant squid enters the ocean surface, it will lose oxygen and pressure.
- If a giant squid enters the arctic, it will lose temperature and pressure.
- If a giant squid enters the arctic surface, it will lose oxygen, temperature, and pressure.
- If a giant squid enters the swamp, it will lose pressure and salinity.
- If a giant squid enters the swamp surface, it will lose oxygen, pressure, and it will not regenerate salinity.
Diet[edit | edit source]
This is a complete list of food that giant squids can eat.
|Name||Can be eaten by||Image||XP||Description|
|Barb||All except for the stonefish who spawned it||0||Spawns behind a stonefish using their active ability. Deals damage upon eating it (7% of max life). Poisons anyone who eats it with a base DPS of 10% that lasts 5 seconds (except poison-immune animals). Despawns after 4 seconds.|
|Bird Poop||All except for lamprey and seagull||10||Affected by gravity. Automatically spawns below any seagull every 10 seconds.|
|Plankton||All||250||Spawns in the ocean.|
|Ice||All||250||Spawns in the arctic and deeeep.|
|Volcano Food||All except lamprey||125||Affected by gravity, floats upwards. Spawns out of volcanoes, which can be hidden in and are located in the arctic and the deeeep. When eaten as an animal that is not suited to the arctic, it will replenish some of your temperature.|
|Person||Tier 9 to tier 10 except sunfish and stonefish||300||Spawns just above the water. Does not spawn in the arctic.|
|Flappy Duck||Ray to tier 10||675||Spawns in a horizontal line just below the height limit.|
|Meat||All||1000||Spawns where an animal dies (tier 2 to tier 10 animals only). The amount of meat that spawns depends on what animal it was.|
Hiding Places[edit | edit source]
Giant squids can only hide in S. S. Deeeepio (all animals can hide in S. S. Deeeepio).
History[edit | edit source]
This section highlights all the changes made to the giant squid in documented updates so far. A full changelog can be found here.
|March 13th, 2017 (Beta)||Added four new animals: octopus, narwhal, giant squid, cachalot (the octopus and cachalot were designed by John Fallot (Pathos316 - Portfolio)).|
|March 14th, 2017||Giant Squid grabbing damage reduced to 50% (and can now only grab beaver and above).|
|March 17th, 2017||(FROM BETA) Added four new animals: Octopus, narwhal, giant squid, cachalot (the octopus and cachalot were designed by John Fallot (Pathos316 - Portfolio)).|
|March 18th, 2017||Giant Squid can now grab a boosting shark.|
|April 6th, 2017||Giant Squids no longer gain speed boost when grabbing whales, cachalots and whale sharks, and only gains 30% with the rest.
Giant Squids are dealt DPS when grabbing cachalots.
|April 7th, 2017||Giant Squid's grab speed has been increased.|
|May 16th, 2017||DPS dealt to giant squid when grabbing a cachalot has been increased from 3% to 5%.|