|100%, but with extra bursts of speed|
|2.0 (total: 200)|
|2.0 (total: 40)|
The Jellyfish is a tier 3 animal.
Mechanics[edit | edit source]
- Lampreys, crabs, and king crabs evolve into jellyfish.
- 7,000 XP is required for any of those animals to evolve into the squid.
- Jellyfish evolve into squid, catfish and little auks.
- 0 XP is required for a jellyfish to evolve into a squid.
- Jellyfish drop meat upon death.
- As a jellyfish, friendly fire is turned off for other jellyfish and whales: meaning you cannot damage them nor be damaged by them.
Abilities[edit | edit source]
Passive Abilities[edit | edit source]
- You poison anyone who makes contact with you (except for animals that are immune to poison or have friendly fire turned off for you).
- However, you can poison whales when they absorb you.
- You are immune to poison.
- You move sporadically.
Suitable Biomes[edit | edit source]
- The jellyfish is suited to every biome (at least in FFA), apart from those where no-one else can survive (such as the extremely salty pool and the oceanic rift, both in the deeeep abyssal plain, where they'll lose salinity, temperature and pressure). Before, it wasn't suited for the swamp and swamp surface.
Diet[edit | edit source]
This is a complete list of food that jellyfish can eat.
|Name||Can be eaten by||Image||XP||Description|
|Barb||All except for the stonefish who spawned it||0||Spawns behind a stonefish using their active ability. Deals damage upon eating it (7% of max life). Poisons anyone who eats it with a base DPS of 10% that lasts 5 seconds (except poison-immune animals). Despawns after 4 seconds.|
|Bird Poop||All except for lamprey and seagull||10||Affected by gravity. Automatically spawns below any seagull every 10 seconds.|
|Plankton||All||25||Spawns in the ocean.|
|Dam Food||Tier 1 to tier 7||35||Spawns underneath beaver dams.|
|Ice||All||50||Spawns in the arctic and deeeep.|
|Algae||Oarfish, penguin, tier 1 to tier 6 except lamprey||50||Spawns on the ocean floor.|
|Yellow Algae||Oarfish, penguin, tier 1 to tier 6 except lamprey||50||Spawns on the floors of the arctic and deeeep.|
|Apple||Tier 1 to tier 8 except lamprey and pelican||50||Spawns in trees.|
|Berry||Tier 1 to tier 8 except lamprey and pelican||50||Spawns in bushes.|
|Volcano Food||All except lamprey||125||Affected by gravity, floats upwards. Spawns out of volcanoes, which can be hidden in and are located in the arctic and the deeeep. When eaten as an animal that is not suited to the arctic, it will replenish some of your temperature.|
|Meat||All||1000||Spawns where an animal dies (tier 2 to tier 10 animals only). The amount of meat that spawns depends on what animal it was.|
Hiding Places[edit | edit source]
This is a complete list of terrain that jellyfish can hide in.
|Anemone||Generates on the ocean floor. Tier 1 to tier 3 animals can hide here.|
|Volcano||Generates on the arctic and deeeep floors. Produces volcano food, which can be eaten. Tier 1 to tier 3 animals can hide here.|
|Shipwreck||One shipwreck always appears on one of the dirt islands that border the ocean and deeeep. Tier 1 to tier 9 animals can hide here. Produces bubbles that can be eaten.|
|Abandoned House||Does not generate randomly, one abandoned house always appears in a specific location to the left of the deeeep floor. Tier 1 to tier 9 animals can hide here.|
|Broken Tree||Generates on the swamp floor. Tier 1 to tier 3 animals can hide here.|
History[edit | edit source]
This section highlights all the changes made to the jellyfish in documented updates so far. A full changelog can be found here.
|January 18th, 2017||Added a new animal: jellyfish, which comes after crab!|
|January 18th, 2017 (Later)||Reduced the damage and speed of jellyfish.
Reduced the bounce of jellyfish.
|February 14th, 2017||Jellyfish, ray and squid can now live in the deeeep.|
|March 14th, 2017||Jellyfish and below can now hide in volcanoes.|
|March 18th, 2017||Fixed a bug where jellyfish wouldn't poison their attacker if killed in one hit.|
|April 30th, 2018||Salinity time decreased from 30 seconds down to 20 seconds.|