As part of the Unified Community Platform project, your wiki will be migrated to the new platform in the next few weeks. Read more here.
|6.0 (total: 600)|
|5.0 (total: 100)|
The Anglerfish is a tier 7 animal.
Mechanics[edit | edit source]
- Rays and pelicans evolve into anglerfish (player-determined).
- 30,000 XP is required for a seagull to evolve into a ray.
- Anglerfish evolve into sea turtles, penguins, and octopuses (player-determined).
- 36,000 XP is required for an anglerfish to evolve into any of those animals.
- Anglerfish drop meat upon death.
- As an anglerfish, friendly fire is turned off for other anglerfish: meaning you cannot damage them nor be damaged by them.
Abilites[edit | edit source]
Passive Abilites[edit | edit source]
Stealth[edit | edit source]
- Standing still causes you to go invisible and causes food to spawn at the end of your esca.
- If an animal ate the food on the end of your esca, the first hit you deal to them will deal twice as much damage.
- The food that spawns on the end of your esca is determined by the last food you ate.
Suitable Biomes[edit | edit source]
- The suitable biome for the anglerfish is the deeeep.
- If an anglerfish enters the ocean, it will lose pressure.
- If an anglerfish enters the ocean surface, it will lose oxygen and pressure.
- If an anglerfish enters the arctic, it will lose temperature and pressure.
- If an anglerfish enters the arctic surface, it will lose oxygen, temperature, and pressure.
- If an anglerfish enters the swamp, it will lose pressure and salinity.
- If an anglerfish enters the swamp surface, it will lose oxygen, pressure, and it will not regenerate salinity.
Diet[edit | edit source]
This is a complete list of food that anglerfish can eat.
|Name||Can be eaten by||Image||XP||Description|
|Zaidy!?!?!||All except for the stonefish who spawned it||0||Spawns behind a stonefish using their active ability. Deals damage upon eating it (7% of max life). Poisons anyone who eats it with a base DPS of 10% that lasts 5 seconds (except poison-immune animals). Despawns after 4 seconds.|
|Bird Poop||All except for lamprey and seagull||10||Affected by gravity. Automatically spawns below any seagull every 10 seconds.|
|Plankton||All||25||Spawns in the ocean.|
|Dam Food||Tier 1 to tier 7||35||Spawns underneath beaver dams.|
|Ice||All||50||Spawns in the arctic and deeeep.|
|Apple||Tier 1 to tier 8 except lamprey and pelican||50||Spawns in trees.|
|Berry||Tier 1 to tier 8 except lamprey and pelican||50||Spawns in bushes.|
|Volcano Food||All except lamprey||125||Affected by gravity, floats upwards. Spawns out of volcanoes, which can be hidden in and are located in the arctic and the deeeep. When eaten as an animal that is not suited to the arctic, it will replenish some of your temperature.|
|Flappy Duck||Ray to tier 10||675||Spawns in a horizontal line just below the height limit.|
|Meat||All||1000||Spawns where an animal dies (tier 2 to tier 10 animals only). The amount of meat that spawns depends on what animal it was.|
Hiding Places[edit | edit source]
This is a complete list of terrain that anglerfish can hide in.
|Shipwreck||One shipwreck always appears on one of the dirt islands that border the ocean and deeeep. Tier 1 to tier 9 animals can hide here. Produces bubbles that can be eaten.|
|Abandoned House||Does not generate randomly, one abandoned house always appears in a specific location to the left of the deeeep floor. Tier 1 to tier 9 animals can hide here.|
History[edit | edit source]
This section highlights all the changes made to the anglerfish in documented updates so far. A full changelog can be found here.
|February 13th, 2017||Added 5 new animals: blobfish, king crab, worm, anglerfish, and leopard seal.|
|February 14th, 2017||Anglerfish now spawns the last food it ate!
Anglerfish FOV in the deep increased by 50%.
|February 18th, 2017||Anglerfish FOV increased by 2.5x.|
|February 28th, 2017||Anglerfish deals x2 hit to whoever eats its food.
Anglerfish now has two boosts. Anglerfish turns completely invisible when in stealth.
|March 14th, 2017||Fixed permanently invisible anglerfish bug.|