Today, 9/19, is the 6th Anniversary of Gamepedia's launch. Join us for an all-day Mega Stream on the Gamepedia Twitch channel! In addition, all users who log in during the anniversary week will receive a special achievement.
|Health:||7.0 (total: 700)|
|Damage:||5.0 (total: 100)|
|Oxygen time:||60 seconds|
|Temperature time:||10 seconds|
|Pressure time:||20 seconds|
|Salinity time:||30 seconds|
The Marlin is a tier 10 animal.
Mechanics[edit | edit source]
- Dolphins and narwhals evolve into marlins.
- 48,000 XP is required for any of those animals to evolve into a marlin.
- Marlins do not evolve into any other animals, as they are one of the latest animals.
- Marlins drop meat upon death.
- As a marlin, friendly fire is turned off for all tier 1 animals: meaning you cannot damage them nor be damaged by them.
Abilities[edit | edit source]
Passive Abilities[edit | edit source]
- Jumping above water gives you a speed boost (stackable 3 times).
- Hitting a player with either this speed boost or a normal boost causes them to bleed.
- Bleeding alerts nearby sharks due to their bloodseeker ability.
Suitable Biomes[edit | edit source]
- The suitable biome for the marlin is the ocean.
- If a marlin enters the ocean surface, it will lose oxygen.
- If a marlin enters the arctic, it will lose temperature.
- If a marlin enters the arctic surface, it will lose oxygen and temperature.
- If a marlin enters the deeeep, it will lose pressure.
- If a marlin enters the swamp, it will lose salinity.
- If a marlin enters the swamp surface, it will lose oxygen and it will not regenerate salinity.
Diet[edit | edit source]
This is a complete list of food that marlins can eat.
|Name||Can be eaten by||Image||XP||Description|
|Barb||All except for the stonefish who spawned it||0||Spawns behind a stonefish using their active ability. Deals damage upon eating it (7% of max life). Poisons anyone who eats it with a base DPS of 10% that lasts 5 seconds (except poison-immune animals). Despawns after 4 seconds.|
|Bird Poop||All except for lamprey and seagull||10||Affected by gravity. Automatically spawns below any seagull every 10 seconds.|
|Plankton||All||25||Spawns in the ocean.|
|Ice||All||50||Spawns in the arctic and deeeep.|
|Volcano Food||All except lamprey||125||Affected by gravity, floats upwards. Spawns out of volcanoes, which can be hidden in and are located in the arctic and the deeeep. When eaten as an animal that is not suited to the arctic, it will replenish some of your temperature.|
|Person||Tier 9 to tier 10 except sunfish and stonefish||300||Spawns just above the water. Does not spawn in the arctic.|
|Flappy Duck||Ray to tier 10||675||Spawns in a horizontal line just below the height limit.|
|Meat||All||1000||Spawns where an animal dies (tier 2 to tier 10 animals only). The amount of meat that spawns depends on what animal it was.|
Hiding Places[edit | edit source]
Marlins cannot hide anywhere as they are a tier 10 animal.
History[edit | edit source]
This section highlights all the changes made to the marlin in documented updates so far. A full changelog can be found here.
|April 5th, 2017||Added 1 new animal: Marlin, designed by John Fallot (Pathos316 - Portfolio).
Marlin's bounce speed increased.
|April 6th, 2017||Marlin damage reduced by 20.|
|April 7th, 2017||Marlin's health has been reduced by 100, and their damage reduced by 20.|