|6.0 (total: 600)|
|5.0 (total: 100)|
The Octopus is a tier 8 animal.
Mechanics[edit | edit source]
- Tier 7 animals evolve into octopuses (player-determined).
- 36,000 XP is required for any of those animals to evolve into an octopus.
- Octopuses evolve into Humboldt Squids and Mantis Shrimp.
- 42,000 XP is required for an octopus to evolve into a humboldt squid or a mantis shrimp.
- Octopuses drop meat upon death.
- As an octopus, friendly fire is turned off for other octopus meaning you cannot damage them nor be damaged by them.
Abilities[edit | edit source]
Passive Abilities[edit | edit source]
- You automatically disguise as the last animal you killed.
- You can walk on islands, glaciers, and beaver dams.
Active Abilities[edit | edit source]
- Clicking causes you to leave behind a cloud of ink when you boost.
- If any animals other than octopus enter the ink cloud, they will be temporarily blinded.
- Clicking while walking causes you to ground attack.
- Charging boost while walking causes you to jump.
- Charge your boost when disguising as an animal to remove the disguise without costing a boost.
Negative Abilities[edit | edit source]
- Attacking, being attacked, or boosting causes you to lose your disguise.
- Even though you can walk on islands,you can still lose oxygen.
Suitable Biomes[edit | edit source]
- The suitable biomes for the octopus are the ocean, arctic, and the deeeep.
Diet[edit | edit source]
This is a complete list of food that octopuses can eat.
|Name||Can be eaten by||Image||XP||Description|
|Barb||All except for the stonefish who spawned it||0||Spawns behind a stonefish using their active ability. Deals damage upon eating it (7% of max life). Poisons anyone who eats it with a base DPS of 10% that lasts 5 seconds (except poison-immune animals). Despawns after 4 seconds.|
|Bird Poop||All except for lamprey and seagull||10||Affected by gravity. Automatically spawns below any seagull every 10 seconds.|
|Plankton||All||250||Spawns in the ocean.|
|Ice||All||250||Spawns in the arctic and deeeep.|
|Apple||Tier 1 to tier 8 except lamprey and pelican||50||Spawns in trees.|
|Berry||Tier 1 to tier 8 except lamprey and pelican||50||Spawns in bushes.|
|Volcano Food||All except lamprey||125||Affected by gravity, floats upwards. Spawns out of volcanoes, which can be hidden in and are located in the arctic and the deeeep. When eaten as an animal that is not suited to the arctic, it will replenish some of your temperature.|
|Flappy Duck||Ray to tier 10||675||Spawns in a horizontal line just below the height limit.|
|Meat||All||1000||Spawns where an animal dies (tier 2 to tier 10 animals only). The amount of meat that spawns depends on what animal it was.|
Hiding Places[edit | edit source]
This is a complete list of terrain that octopuses can hide in.
|Shipwreck||One shipwreck always appears on one of the dirt islands that border the ocean and deeeep. Tier 1 to tier 9 and the hammerhead shark can hide here. Produces bubbles that can be eaten.|
|Abandoned House||Does not generate randomly, one abandoned house always appears in a specific location to the left of the deeeep floor. Tier 1 to tier 9 animals can hide here.|
History[edit | edit source]
This section highlights all the changes made to the octopus in documented updates so far. A full changelog can be found here.
|March 13th, 2017 (Beta)||Added four new animals: octopus, narwhal, giant squid, cachalot (the octopus and cachalot were designed by John Fallot (Pathos316 - Portfolio)).|
|March 14th, 2017||Fixed octopus ink bug.|
|March 17th, 2017||(FROM BETA) Added four new animals: octopus, narwhal, giant squid, cachalot (the octopus and cachalot were designed by John Fallot (Pathos316 - Portfolio)).|
|May 13th, 2017||Octopus now disguises as a team member of the last victim's team on Pearl Defense.|