|Health:||9.0 (total: 900)|
|Damage:||9.0 (total: 180)|
|Oxygen time:||60 seconds|
|Temperature time:||10 seconds|
|Pressure time:||5 seconds|
|Salinity time:||30 seconds|
The Orca (also known as Killer Whale) is a tier 10 animal.
Mechanics[edit | edit source]
- Dolphins evolve into orcas.
- 48,000 XP is required for a dolphin to evolve into an orca.
- Orcas do not evolve into any other animals, as they are one of the latest animals.
- Orcas drop meat upon death.
- As an orca, friendly fire is turned off for all tier 1 animals: meaning you cannot damage them nor be damaged by them.
Abilities[edit | edit source]
Active Abilities[edit | edit source]
- Hitting an animal while boosting causes you to grab them.
- Grabbing a shark causes them to instantly lose all of their oxygen.
Negative Abilities[edit | edit source]
Suitable Biomes[edit | edit source]
- The suitable biomes for the orca are the ocean and the ocean surface.
- If an orca enters the ocean, it will lose oxygen; however it can swim and its oxygen time is long enough for this to not matter.
- If an orca enters the arctic, it will lose oxygen.
- If an orca enters the deeeep, it will lose oxygen and pressure.
- If an orca enters the swamp, it will lose oxygen and salinity.
- If an orca enters the swamp surface, it will not regenerate salinity.
Diet[edit | edit source]
This is a complete list of food that orcas can eat.
|Name||Can be eaten by||Image||XP||Description|
|Barb||All except for the stonefish who spawned it||0||Spawns behind a stonefish using their active ability. Deals damage upon eating it (7% of max life). Poisons anyone who eats it with a base DPS of 10% that lasts 5 seconds (except poison-immune animals). Despawns after 4 seconds.|
|Bubble||All animals that breathe air||0||Affected by gravity, floats upwards. Spawns out of the window of the shipwreck. Replenishes oxygen to animals that breathe air.|
|Bird Poop||All except for lamprey and seagull||10||Affected by gravity. Automatically spawns below any seagull every 10 seconds.|
|Plankton||All||25||Spawns in the ocean.|
|Ice||All||50||Spawns in the arctic and deeeep.|
|Volcano Food||All except lamprey||125||Affected by gravity, floats upwards. Spawns out of volcanoes, which can be hidden in and are located in the arctic and the deeeep. When eaten as an animal that is not suited to the arctic, it will replenish some of your temperature.|
|Person||Tier 9 to tier 10 except sunfish and stonefish||300||Spawns just above the water. Does not spawn in the arctic.|
|Flappy Duck||Ray to tier 10||675||Spawns in a horizontal line just below the height limit.|
|Meat||All||1000||Spawns where an animal dies (tier 2 to tier 10 animals only). The amount of meat that spawns depends on what animal it was.|
Hiding Places[edit | edit source]
Orcas cannot hide anywhere as they are a tier 10 animal.
History[edit | edit source]
This section highlights all the changes made to the orca in documented updates so far. A full changelog can be found here.
|December 12th, 2016||Added two new animals with special abilities: whales and orcas!|
|January 21st, 2017||If a killer whale grabs a shark, it will now lose all of its oxygen.|
|February 1st, 2017||Killer whales now grab sharks for less time.
Killer whales are now slowed down depending on the size of what animal they grab.
|February 13th, 2017||Killer whales can now be hit while grabbing.
Killer whale's maximum grabbing time for a shark has been reduced from 4 to 3 seconds.
Whales and killer whales can now hit each others' species.
DogJelly's idea: Whale's attack increases when killer whales or sharks are near. 5% per shark and 15% per orca, stackable 5 times. Attack only increases towards Sharks/Orca.
|February 28th, 2017||Sharks and orcas can now eat NPC fish (pollock).
Fixed screen being stuck when grabbed by an orca bug.
|March 18th, 2017||Fixed a bug about orcas instantly hitting after release.
Orcas now bounce after releasing, to avoid having their victims getting stuck against the floor.
Orcas can no longer grab cachalots.
|April 5th, 2017 (Beta)||Orcas now only bounce when releasing if their prey is pushed against the ground.|