|Health:||6.0 (total: 600)|
|Damage:||5.0 (total: 100)|
|Oxygen time:||45 seconds|
|Temperature time:||10 seconds|
|Pressure time:||5 seconds|
|Salinity time:||30 seconds|
The Penguin is a tier 8 animal.
Mechanics[edit | edit source]
- Beavers and anglerfish evolve into penguins (player-determined).
- 36,000 XP is required for any of those animals to evolve into a penguin.
- Penguins evolve into leopard seals, dolphins, and narwhals (player-determined).
- 42,000 XP is required for a penguin to evolve into any of those animals.
- Penguins drop meat upon death.
- As a penguin, friendly fire is turned off for other penguins: meaning you cannot damage them nor be damaged by them.
Abilities[edit | edit source]
Passive Abilities[edit | edit source]
- You can walk on islands, glaciers, and beaver dams.
- When near baby penguins, it increases armor, increases up to, 5%, 10%, 20%
Active Abilities[edit | edit source]
- Clicking while walking causes you to jump.
Suitable Biomes[edit | edit source]
- The suitable biomes for the penguin are the arctic and the arctic surface.
- If a penguin enters the ocean, it will lose oxygen and temperature.
- If a penguin enters the ocean surface, it will lose temperature.
- If a penguin enters the arctic, it will lose oxygen; however it can swim and its oxygen time is long enough for this to not matter.
- If a penguin enters the deeeep, it will lose oxygen and pressure.
- If a penguin enters the swamp, it will lose oxygen, temperature, and salinity.
- If a penguin enters the swamp surface, it will lose temperature and it will not regenerate salinity.
Diet[edit | edit source]
This is a complete list of food that penguins can eat.
|Name||Can be eaten by||Image||XP||Description|
|Barb||All except for the stonefish who spawned it||0||Spawns behind a stonefish using their active ability. Deals damage upon eating it (7% of max life). Poisons anyone who eats it with a base DPS of 10% that lasts 5 seconds (except poison-immune animals). Despawns after 4 seconds.|
|Bubble||All animals that breathe air||0||Affected by gravity, floats upwards. Spawns out of the window of the shipwreck. Replenishes oxygen to animals that breathe air.|
|Bird Poop||All except for lamprey and seagull||10||Affected by gravity. Automatically spawns below any seagull every 10 seconds.|
|Plankton||All||25||Spawns in the ocean.|
|Ice||All||50||Spawns in the arctic and deeeep.|
|Algae||Oarfish, penguin, tier 1 to tier 6 except lamprey||50||Spawns on the ocean floor.|
|Yellow Algae||Oarfish, penguin, tier 1 to tier 6 except lamprey||50||Spawns on the floors of the arctic and deeeep.|
|Apple||Tier 1 to tier 8 except lamprey and pelican||50||Spawns in trees.|
|Berry||Tier 1 to tier 8 except lamprey and pelican||50||Spawns in bushes.|
|Volcano Food||All except lamprey||125||Affected by gravity, floats upwards. Spawns out of volcanoes, which can be hidden in and are located in the arctic and the deeeep. When eaten as an animal that is not suited to the arctic, it will replenish some of your temperature.|
|Flappy Duck||Ray to tier 10||675||Spawns in a horizontal line just below the height limit.|
|Meat||All||1000||Spawns where an animal dies (tier 2 to tier 10 animals only). The amount of meat that spawns depends on what animal it was.|
Hiding Places[edit | edit source]
This is a complete list of terrain that penguins can hide in.
|Igloo||Generates atop glaciers. Penguins can hide here.|
|Shipwreck||One shipwreck always appears on one of the dirt islands that border the ocean and deeeep. Tier 1 to tier 9 animals can hide here. Produces bubbles that can be eaten.|
|Abandoned House||Does not generate randomly, one abandoned house always appears in a specific location to the left of the deeeep floor. Tier 1 to tier 9 animals can hide here.|
History[edit | edit source]
This section highlights all the changes made to the beaver in documented updates so far. A full changelog can be found here.
|January 17th, 2017||Added a new animal: penguin.|
|January 18th, 2017||Increased penguin boosts to 3.|
|January 21st, 2017||Penguin move speed increased by 30%.
Glaciers now have igloos, which penguins can hide in.
|February 1st, 2017||Penguin's amount of boosts reduced back to 2.|
|February 13th, 2017||Fixed respawning as a penguin outside of the arctic.|
|February 14th, 2017||Penguins can now eat algae.|