|9.0 (total: 900)|
|9.0 (total: 180)|
The Shark is a tier 10 animal.
Mechanics[edit | edit source]
- Hammerheads evolve into sharks.
- 48,000 XP is required for a hammerhead to evolve into a shark.
- Sharks do not evolve into any other animals, as they are one of the latest animals.
- Sharks drop meat upon death.
- As a shark, friendly fire is turned off for all tier 1 animals: meaning you cannot damage them nor be damaged by them.
Abilities[edit | edit source]
Passive Abilities[edit | edit source]
Bloodseeker[edit | edit source]
- You are alerted to the location of all bleeding animals.
- A red blood drop will appear at the location of where a bleeding animal or low health animal is in the same way you see chat messages.
- The amount of time an orca can grab you for is lower than for other animals.
Active Abilities[edit | edit source]
Rage[edit | edit source]
- You boost for much longer than normal.
Negative Abilities[edit | edit source]
- You will lose oxygen if you stop moving.
- You will instantly lose all of your oxygen if you get grabbed by an orca.
- You boost faster
- You have a slow turning speed while boosting.
- You cannot eat food while boosting.
Suitable Biomes[edit | edit source]
- The suitable biome for the shark is the ocean.
- If a shark enters the ocean surface, it will lose oxygen.
- If a shark enters the arctic, it will lose temperature.
- If a shark enters the arctic surface, it will lose oxygen and temperature.
- If a shark enters the deeeep, it will lose pressure.
- If a shark enters the swamp, it will lose salinity.
- If a shark enters the swamp surface, it will not regenerate salinity.
Diet[edit | edit source]
This is a complete list of food that sharks can eat.
|Name||Can be eaten by||Image||XP||Description|
|Barb||All except for the stonefish who spawned it||0||Spawns behind a stonefish using their active ability. Deals damage upon eating it (7% of max life). Poisons anyone who eats it with a base DPS of 10% that lasts 5 seconds (except poison-immune animals). Despawns after 4 seconds.|
|Bird Poop||All except for lamprey and seagull||10||Affected by gravity. Automatically spawns below any seagull every 10 seconds.|
|Plankton||All||25||Spawns in the ocean.|
|Ice||All||50||Spawns in the arctic and deeeep.|
|Volcano Food||All except lamprey||125||Affected by gravity, floats upwards. Spawns out of volcanoes, which can be hidden in and are located in the arctic and the deeeep. When eaten as an animal that is not suited to the arctic, it will replenish some of your temperature.|
|Person||Tier 9 to tier 10 except sunfish and stonefish||300||Spawns just above the water. Does not spawn in the arctic.|
|Flappy Duck||Ray to tier 10||675||Spawns in a horizontal line just below the height limit.|
|Meat||All||1000||Spawns where an animal dies (tier 2 to tier 10 animals only). The amount of meat that spawns depends on what animal it was.|
Hiding Places[edit | edit source]
Sharks cannot hide anywhere as they are a tier 10 animal.
History[edit | edit source]
This section highlights all the changes made to the shark in documented updates so far. A full changelog can be found here.
|Pre-November 4th, 2016 (Release)||Added 7 animals: fish, crab, squid, ray, hammerhead, dolphin, and shark.|
|November 4th, 2016||Sharks can no longer stay still for too long, as they will stop breathing.|
|January 21st, 2017||Shark has new passive (Bloodseeker) and active (Rage) skills (rage increases speed for 4 seconds, but slows rotation speed).
If a killer whale grabs a shark, it will now lose all of its oxygen.
Sharks without oxygen lose 10% of their max life per second.
|February 2nd, 2017||Sharks can no longer eat food while in rage.|
|February 13th, 2017||Killer whale's maximum grabbing time for a shark has been reduced from 4 to 3 seconds.
DogJelly's idea: Whale's attack increases when killer whales or sharks are near. 5% per shark and 15% per orca, stackable 5 times. Attack only increases towards Sharks/Orca.
|February 28th, 2017||Sharks and orcas can now eat NPC fish (pollock).
Removed whale damage bonus for sharks (and bonus for orcas is divided by amount of whales near).
|March 18th, 2017||Giant Squid can now grab a boosting shark.|