Tips and tricks to help you become a great player. Dominate the marine by yourself or your fellow !
Everyone can edit the wiki but PLEASE DON’T reference yourself or other players when doing so.
- 1 Specified Tips
- 2 General
- 3 Tips for Specific Species
- 3.1 Piranhas
- 3.2 Frog
- 3.3 Clownfish
- 3.4 Horseshoe crab
- 3.5 Lamprey
- 3.6 Jellyfish
- 3.7 Flying fish
- 3.8 Squid
- 3.9 Seagull
- 3.10 Duck
- 3.11 Bat
- 3.12 Ray
- 3.13 Bobbit worm
- 3.14 Beaver
- 3.15 Anglerfish
- 3.16 Penguin
- 3.17 Octopus
- 3.18 Hammerhead
- 3.19 Oarfish
- 3.20 Mantis shrimp
- 3.21 Shark
- 3.22 Stonefish
- 3.23 Orca
- 3.24 Sunfish
- 3.25 Cachalot
- 3.26 Giant Squid
- 3.27 Goblin Shark
- 3.28 Eagle
- 3.29 Manta Ray
- 3.30 Hippo
- 3.31 Marlin
- 3.32 Electric eel
- 3.33 Crocodile
- 3.34 Polar bear
- 3.35 Sawfish
- 3.36 Bull shark
- 3.37 Coconut Crab
- 3.38 Colossal Squid
- 3.39 Leatherback Turtle
- 3.40 Giant Softshell Turtle
- 3.41 Alligator Snapping Turtle
- 3.42 Walrus
- 3.43 Elephant Seal
- 3.44 Anaconda
- 3.45 Worm
- 3.46 Little Auk
- 3.47 Leopard Seal
- 3.48 Sleeper Shark
- 3.49 Basking Shark
- 3.50 Hermit Crab
- 4 Bars
- 5 NPCs
- 6 Gamemodes
Specified Tips[edit | edit source]
General[edit | edit source]
- If you are trapped on land with no boosts, spam the boost button in either direction diagonally upwards to move back into the water. This works for any non-walking creature, even ones that can't normally boost, if you are going to land on a preferably flat island at high speeds after a surface boost, do not stop, try to aim your side to the ground and spamclick, this will make you carry your jump momentum and allow you to escape extremely fast
- Make sure to try out every creature before settling on one. You may discover one you prefer over another.
- If you see a higher tier animal that has low health, don’t be hesitate to give them a great (and nasty) ambush! It is high risk, high reward action which may can skip the frustrating evolution away. (reminder that tier 1 animals cannot hurt tier 10 animals)
- Go for the correct biome, or you will suffer damage from salinity, pressure, or temperature.(see biomes for more information)
- All creatures between tier 1 to 6, penguins, manatee and oarfish can “sweep ” the seabed, which gives you tons of XP faster than hunting, though on a less popular region, eating the green dots gives even more. Beware of anglerfish! they can ambush you as you sweep.
- Be careful for your opponents’ heads. Remember, animals win by biting!
- Activating a boost at or above the surface, for most animals, even those without regular boost but not all, will cause your animal to travel extremely far, extremely fast in the air, this can be used for easy escapes or fast traveling but beware where you land. you can even chain these boosts by boosting again when about to fall, it's like an OP double jump. Also, spam boosting with no boosts will accelerate you to the direction you are facing.
- Some animal have abilities that requires to charge a boost, it depends on what animal it is but usually the charged boost is the better one you will want to always use so keep it prepared by maintaining the spacebar pressed to trigger it, or by holding left click without waiting. For example, an orca can boost+grab with its charged boost. This does not apply to all animals. An example is the humpback whale, which requires combination of charged and uncharged boosts to use abilities.
- You will always boost towards your mouse (except when you release your grabbed target as a Giant Squid), your boost has a certain distance, positioning your mouse at a distance from yourself that is lesser than your boost will cause you to perform the boost and immediately turn the other way. This manoeuvre can be used to surprise opponents and pursuers.
- Your best chance of surviving in this game is to have a team if you are in tffa but not if you are in ffa. Many animals that you encounter will be tier 10 and will quickly destroy you.
- This is not an easy game! Don't quit when you are first eaten, since when you respawn you will gain free XP. Keep trying and maybe you will make it to tier 10!
Tips for Specific Species[edit | edit source]
Piranhas[edit | edit source]
- olhos leizer
- Avoid boosting out of the water to avoid danger, as you all move individually. This causes piranhas to be scattered around the place, making you vulnerable. However, sometimes if there is less land around, it will be easier.
- Corner your prey or foe to max out your damage, as it will stop them from moving anywhere and allows all of your piranhas to attack.
- After your have evolved to tier 4, you can no longer hide in the anemones, even if you have only 1 piranha left. However, you will be able to create a new piranha much faster.
- Not suggested to play in 1v1.
- Camp at the waterfall to get fast food (do this only at tier 7 or more).
- Piranhas can gain XP very fast!
Frog[edit | edit source]
- You die easily, so avoid using this tier 3 until it's buffed, or you can use the jumping in a good way.
- Stick to the swamp to prevent losing salinity.
- Stay on land. Piranhas can kill you easily.
- Eat berries, apples and dragonflies until you can evolve into a different animal.
- If you want to level up quickly you can go to the islands in the ocean, the salinity will not affect you on land and you will be able to reach all the berries. If there are seagulls, just simply jump over them or go to another island.
Clownfish[edit | edit source]
- Stick to the warm tip of the coldest island.
- In the beginning of Pearl Defence, choose Clownfish and swim with other Clownfish, than boost to get food. You will not be attacked while in Clownfish, because you level up quickly and everyone else is doing so the same.
Horseshoe crab[edit | edit source]
- You can easily kill Jellyfish, so attack them when you can.
- You reflect damage by 30%. Remember that when you are combating.
Lamprey[edit | edit source]
- Do not attach to any flying animal, or ones that breathe air, they will fly or swim up, causing you to suffocate.
- A recommended animal to attach to is any animal that can only live in the deep i.e. Giant Squid, Barreleye, Angler Fish, Dragon Fish, etc. This means that if they try to swim up to suffocate you in the air, they'll quickly be losing pressure, almost ensuring your safety (Note: This tip is no longer valid as there are several air pockets within the deeeep added in the latest update, but you should still keep it in mind just in case).
- Do not try to attach to an animal while they are looking at you; in most cases, you will die.
- Be wary of your host's health. If they die, you will be vulnerable.
- You cannot attach to oarfish, they cannot attack you. But you can attach to a dragonfish and when it levels up, you will be on an oarfish(assuming they choose to become one). Don't detach for a while though, you'll be off him forever!
- Attach onto an animal by going to the underwater cave under the waterfall. You will find many players food farming, stay, ignore the evolution suggestion and run when you are ready to evolve a lot.
- You will obviously give it away if you attach onto any animal who can hide and make a lure, disguise as terrain, or just plain hide. Plus, they might get pretty angry at you for blowing their cover!
- Go for animals that can't go on land, Otherwise birds and things that can walk on land will suffocate you. Or find someone who's nice (But you cant really trust anyone, so they might suffocate you all of a sudden and eat you or your meat. Try choosing someone on your team if in TFFA).
- In PD, when you attach to an animal and that animal rests at the pearl, you can cause damage to the pearl and destroy it given enough time without the remoras attacking you. However, this rarely happens.
Jellyfish[edit | edit source]
- Try to avoid fighting crabs or king crabs if you are not good at timing your poison, despite them being a lower tier than you, they are actually slightly stronger than you.
- You swim at a normal speed, but you get a small boost every few seconds, use this to escape slower predators (or to catch small NPCs without using your active boost that may be needed later for escaping faster predators).
- Your poison is very powerful, you can kill squids with your poison by poisoning them and then running away, repeat that carefully until they are low enough to fight.
- Try to avoid anything that could kill you. Due to your great capacity to survive in all environments, a way to deter a predator that has been chasing you (when you don't have a place to hide) is to change to a more friendly biome the predator can't survive for long.
- You're able to poison balled up isopods, allowing you to damage them. be careful though, they can easily kill you if they decide to retaliate.
- DONT try to escape from an oarfish going to the ocean/artic/swamp, you will need to wait 1min until they get out, enough time to kill you, try hiding instead.
- However, hiding in anemones is a good idea when escaping oarfish if you see one.
Flying fish[edit | edit source]
- You can glide in the air and "fly". Beware of your oxygen bar.
- You can land on islands and eat the berries and apples on it.
- You can glide on islands to kill a careless seagull or pelican.Be careful!
- Your speed is increased greatly when "flying". In PD, you can also fly over the islands and eat berries.
Squid[edit | edit source]
- You can still hide on land, but you still can suffocate.
- If you see a predator that is simply nearby, swim away or hide so that they cannot hurt you, or boost into the sky.
- Try to stay in the deep so that you can eat the yellow plankton on the ground.
- Attempt to avoid attacking jellyfish as their poison can kill you if you do not eat food quickly afterwards or leave you with low HP. You will also be unable to hide for up to 8 seconds.
- Your faint outline is still there if you hide, but you can try and hide by anemone and other spaces you can hide in at lower levels, so your outline is harder to see.
- You may not be able to go into anemones or behind volcanoes, but you can go into the window of the shipwreck.
- Frogfish and Wobbegong Shark can suck you, causing you to move even you are staying still and allowing them to kill you. Also, lion fish can poison you using their charged boost, causing your hiding wear off. Therefore, you are not 100% safe when hiding.
Seagull[edit | edit source]
- Stick to apples. If there is too many seagulls at one island, try moving to another one.
- If you're irritated by how slowly seagulls build XP, try skipping this stage by using the piranha.
- While much more dangerous, it is much quicker to evolve as a seagull by eating the bottom algae; be careful of your oxygen as it runs out fast!
- Orcas will grab you, so eat berries most of the time. If an eagle comes though, hide in a tree
- When you are a seagull, don't attack other creatures, just eat the fruits.
- If a snake bites you drown it because it has lower air time while biting.
- If a large animal is attempting to attack another seagull and there are multiple others nearby, try attacking it! Overall the dps from multiple seagulls generally scares off or kills the animal, and most seagulls will band together and go for the kill if one is.
Duck[edit | edit source]
- You can enter the Arctic. You can use this to run away from ocean predators by hiding in the beaver dams in the Arctic .
- You have only one boost, not two.
- It is suggested to apples and berries for XP in the ocean and dam food in the arctic. It is not suggested getting XP by eating bottom algae, as you will float and you can be grabbed by crocodiles.
- You cannot hide into trees to escape from snakes or coconut crabs, so be careful.
Bat[edit | edit source]
- Glide on the ground and deal extremely high DPS to walking animals in your tier.
- Use your charge boost to prevent little auks, seagulls, pelicans and ducks escaping through boosting.
- If you met a snake who is climbing a tree, don't fly away: you are stronger, and snake's meat will regenerate your HP after battle.
Ray[edit | edit source]
- Before evolving, fly into position to flappy chain (if you are a bat, duck or seagull)
- It is highly advised to eat flappy ducks as soon as you get to ray, but if you cannot chain boost well, stick to bottom feeding.
- In toxic algae, you can choose ray while still eating food and not directly evolving. As ray can survive in every biome and easily hide, you can wait until you are certain of where the algae will narrow and choose the appropriate animal.
- Run away of lionfish if you are being hunted by those instead of hiding. They can kill you using their charged boosts.
- Noticed that more commonly, Ray AI's for some reason tend to more often attack if attacked. Instead of running or hiding if facing a powerful adversary, they sometimes head on attack.
Bobbit worm[edit | edit source]
- You can hide in ground. Remember that.
- If you grab an animal, you should drag them in the opposite position. If you want to grab it to the seabed, you should put your mouse upwards.
- You can grab animals even in tier 6. However, your CP is the least in tier 6. Don't forget that.
- Overall, these are extremely powerful for a tier six animal and can hunt almost anything, IF USED CORRECTLY.
- If you encounter a whole pile of meat or some meat in the ground, EAT THE MEAT! This will give you high XP to a tier 7 animal and you will probably have some XP left to evolve to your next animal. This happens to some players.
- If you are a bobbit worm stay in the ground feeding on algae or meat until your XP bar is 250k or you are 7th or 6th on the leaderboard. Then, evolve quickly in the specified habitat.
- Trolling: Try "spanking" a player when he is near the ground. To do this, boost into the player and get back in ground very quickly. The player won't notice if he is slow enough to spot you hitting him in the rear.
- Bobbit worms have pressure bar shortening every second for 10 seconds, then take damage every second for 9 seconds until they die if without food
- remember you need to stay underground
- You have no use to Manta rays, so Manta rays will probably release you, so don’t enter the aura of those, it is a waste of time.
- You can grab other bobbit worms underground.
Beaver[edit | edit source]
- Stay close to dam chains. If there is a predator, hide in a dam.
- Hiding in Beaver Dams replenishes oxygen, hide in one until prey comes to eat the Dam Food. Pop out and surprise them.
- Don't boost into a dam to escape a predator. Your boost may be canceled.
Anglerfish[edit | edit source]
- Stay near the bottom, and aim bait where the yellow algae is. when an animal lower than you sweeps by collecting algae, your bait will be in the perfect place.
- Don't make your bait a lava bubble. That would give it away.
- If you kill a creature, your bait will turn into meat. This is great for luring in prey.
- You are one of the strongest animals of this tier and you are capable of facetanking some animals if when you are low you boost into volcano food to heal
Penguin[edit | edit source]
- Make fewer trips and eat the yellows.
- Always have a boost. You are very fast, and having a boost will make you almost untouchable.
- Hide in igloos if pursued by a predator.
- Since you are fast you can be able to speed and get the pearl easily in pearl defense and you can run away.
- Watch out for leopard seals for they are as fast as you and can kill you. But if they are low then you can kill them.
Octopus[edit | edit source]
- Do not underestimate the power of ink. It can blind animals to the point where they do not know which direction you went, and you can easily trick them into going the wrong way. Sometimes the animal will panic and even something like leopard seal can kill an inked whale.
- You can walk on land. Use this as an advantage.
- You can transform into the creature that you just ate, use this ability to ambush other animals.
- A skilled octopus can be a powerful asset in Pearl Defense as it's ink can be used to blind an entire charging team.
Hammerhead[edit | edit source]
- Try to terrorize seagulls and pelicans because you can easily kill them. Unless there are more than half a dozen or you're out of boosts, in which case be more cautious around them.
- Do not run away from dolphins and leopard seals, you are stronger than them and can kill them, but always be careful.
Oarfish[edit | edit source]
- You only kill jellyfish for anything up to seagull
- Be very careful around giant squids! They can easily kill you and most likely want to eat you if they spot you once.
Mantis shrimp[edit | edit source]
- Be careful of your own species, they can kill everything including themselves.
- You can form an attack combo by a pattern: a stun and immediately two hits then you will ram up your damage. It is pretty useful (and cool) to use that. Just bear in mind that you should not take them head on.
- Your charged boost deals massive damage, allowing you to take on most other tier 9s and some weakened tier 10s.
Shark[edit | edit source]
- If you miss a target while charging, click to stop charging, don't let yourself get too far away.
- To fly, you must be out of the water or on an island/icecap. Eat flappy-ducks (no longer available) and troll seagulls and pelicans, etc.
- Staying healthy by collecting food on the way, making sure that the enemies don't grab you, or get much food, so that you heal more than they do. If they feel like they can't keep up, they'll most likely separate, and then you could deal with the separated players individually.
- Your lack of maneuverability while boosting makes it hard to turn around, so pointing at a direction other than your current one while boosting and deactivating the boost will cause you to instantly turn that way and surprise opponents
- Remember that the pufferfish can literally kill the shark so be careful.
Stonefish[edit | edit source]
- Use your boost only when you need it. save at least one boost for predators stronger than you like whales. that way, it might slow them down or even stop them from chasing you. Hide in the ground and surprise attack your prey
- Stonefish are extremely powerful against anyone who does not know how to counter you. Keep this in mind.
- Try to get your enemies to attack you, then boost away as they try. They will most likely hit the poisonous barbs and take lots of damage. Rinse and repeat and most of the time you have an easy kill.
- If you are in the ocean and on low health, you can go to an island and bob in the top. Wait to heal and you can live to fight another day. Oxygen ONLY drops when you are INSIDE land, but if you bob on an island, it won't completely be affected. Except for high experience players who will hit you, the top tiers probably won't eat you.
- you can hide in the ground but your oxygen drops rather fast, animals generally overestimate your oxygen time so will most likely be discouraged to pursue you as soon as you burrow
- the most effective strategy is to ambush animals that are low on health, even if they get away, the poison will probably finish them off.
- due to your poison and ability to dig, powerful animals often disregard you and most of the time, if you stay low, an animal won't initiate a combat with you, allowing you to stay alive very long.
Orca[edit | edit source]
- If you grab a animal and click to release it, you can grab it again each grab is 80 dmg so if you do that it 160 dmg and you can make them confused. (Если вы схватите животное и щелкнете, чтобы отпустить его, вы можете схватить его снова, каждый захват составляет 80 урона, так что если вы сделаете это, то 160 урона, и вы можете сбить их с толку.)
- Orcas can kill just about everything if used skilfully except for ungrabbable targets (like basking sharks) and Coconut Crabs. (При умелом использовании косатки могут убить практически все, за исключением целей, которых нельзя схватить (например, гигантских акул) и кокосовых крабов.)
- You can kill giant squids by grabbing them before they grab you and bringing them to the surface of the water; they will be taking pressure damage by then and will be focusing on returning to the deep, by continuing to grab them and throwing them above you in the air it is easy to kill them if they do not get away. You can also throw them on an island and camp them, as they have little oxygen. (Вы можете убить гигантских кальмаров, схватив их до того, как они схватят вас, и вытащив на поверхность воды; К тому времени они будут получать урон от давления и сосредоточатся на возвращении в глубину, продолжая хватать их и подбрасывая над вами в воздух, их легко убить, если они не ускользнут. Вы также можете бросить их на остров и разбить лагерь, так как у них мало кислорода.)
- The bottom of the islands are a much better place to put an animal when grabbing them than the bottom of the sea, it serves much better at preventing them from escaping. (Дно островов - гораздо лучшее место для захвата животного, чем дно моря, оно намного лучше предотвращает их побег.)
- You can kill seagulls by releasing them when you are facing directly down because the natural updraft they have prevents them from strafing to the side easily and two hits is enough to kill them. (Вы можете убить чаек, выпустив их, когда вы смотрите прямо вниз, потому что естественный восходящий поток, который у них есть, не позволяет им легко летать в сторону, и двух ударов достаточно, чтобы убить их.)
- When you grab an animal when they are facing you (if they are facing away this point is irrelevant.) , you will receive the damage of them hitting you while they will receive 80 damage; this can be bad while fighting other Orcas and sharks as you will be receiving more damage from them hitting you than they will from you grabbing them.
- When you grab a shark they will lose all their oxygen which grants them 10% HP loss per second, you can effectively use this to counteract the damage you may (see point above) receive while grabbing them.
- Be wary of Stonefish; they can easily kill you if you are not smart about trying to kill them quickly. The best way to do so is to throw them in the air above you because they can go through land making the usual grab them and place them against a surface to prevent escape strategy irrelevant. You could also trap them in the deep by using one of the floating rocks above the deeeep.
- If a giant squid is a skilled player, make sure to avoid them because they will most likely kill you.
- To kill a cachalot, simply go head to head against them, and then hit and run until it is dead.
- One important thing that goes towards all animals, and especially to orca is to count your opponents' boosts. This will become important as you will gradually know when your opponent is about the retreat or the most efficient way of killing them.
- Be wary of sharks, if you're a new orca player because sharks will try to use all of their boosts to hit you, and they will end up killing you if you're not careful enough. Try dodging their speed boosts and running in the opposite direction. They will speed past if done right, and will take a moment to turn around.
- Only attack whales if they are alone and you have three boosts. Boost twice and then run, repeat. try to stay near the surface when fighting a blue whale, and when thet suck you, turn towards the surface. This lessens their suction somehow and makes it easier to escape.
- Take down eagles by pinning them underwater, or even better, under a large island. Don't do this facing an island, as you will be stranded and possibly killed by the eagle.
- Sunfish are hard to take down. If you can't take them down, grab them and toss them back. This should buy you some time so you can run away. Also use this technique on any other grabbable opponent.
- Use your boost to grab and toss a fish on land, when they try to go to the edge boost them back onto land again until they run out of oxygen and die, at which point you go onto land and eat the meat.
- if you want to mess with someone, try grabbing them and throwing them into sky. They will have to wase a boost to get back to or they will just have to stay where you threw them.
Sunfish[edit | edit source]
- Pearl Defense: this fish can be very useful, first, break the shell , airboost a few times for speed, and put it at the goal.
- Stay near the surface. When you're attacked, you can regain health quickly
- Try to find Lion's Mane Jellyfish, they are easy to kill. Just simply go in its tentacles and face it's tentacles until the jellyfish is dead. You have no attack recoil. If you want a quicker kill, use your boost. It will damage the jellyfish 25% quicker and rarely damage it 41 health.
- you are able to survive in the deep sea but are very weak to a lot of deep sea dweller and have no health advantage there, it is advised to only go there as a means of escape.
- beware of marlins, their armor break and bleed will easily kill you
- most animals will avoid fighting you due to how hard you are to kill and many animals will act friendly towards you instead of hostile when you hunt LMJ (lion's mane jellyfish), and try to "assist" you in the kill, you can use this to be safe from potential attackers.
- you can use LMJs as a poisonous shield, they are extremely durable and can be pushed into opponents and used to you advantage, their tentacle cover your hole body and animals trying to attack you will be poisoned, you can also somewhat steer the jelly by slightly changing your direction but be careful as a too intense steer or a too lengthy pin will make the LMJ bump you backwards.
- when you hunt, try to get under your opponent and lift it in the air (preferably against a ceiling) this will give you the regeneration advantage as well as allow you to damage your prey for an extended amount of time without them able to do anything or counter effectively as you receive less damage from them and lot's of abilities will cease to function in this state. If they managed to get down, use your boost to push them back to air.
Cachalot[edit | edit source]
- During PVP (1v1 mode), avoid fighting Hippos, AST, and polar bears.
- Beached on the side of an island? Spam click in one direction. Eventually you'll be back into the water and able to swim away, as like basically all animals.
- It is tankier than most other animals, including orca. If you have enough oxygen, just use slows and kill the orca.
- Beware of stonefish or sharks. They can kill you easily. If you find one chasing you, try hiding in the deeeep to lose them.
- If you are in a lower hand and are being hunted by other animals, use slows to slow the predator and quickly run away. Dodge the predator's boost and wait until you regain the advantage and take the revenge and get your XP! If a team of animals is after you and they are not immune to pressure (going to the deeeep), try hiding there or bait them 1 by 1 and kill them by pressure.
- Don't be afraid if your health is low in a battle. If your enemy is near to death, kill it with last swing as you can gain health by eating meat.
- Cachalots cannot boost in the air. Remember that if it is your first time playing one.
- One of the best 10 tier animals for Toxic Algae because it can survive in many habitats.
- You can suck in low tiers and keep them inside you, breathing will violently eject them into the air and make them fall back, you can use this as a distraction. However, it is not suggested to suck in a jellyfish as it poisons you.
- When you are chased and have a low health, find a spot filled with food and activate your suction for the shortest amount of time, this will make you instantaneously eat all of it healing you a lot and preventing the pursuer from getting it and filling it's boost.
- For some top tiers, escaping your suction is nearly impossible (for exemple, goblin shark or polar bear without snowballs) try to find them to get an easy kill.
- ungrabable animals are undisturbed by your suction, they represent a bigger threat to you but despite their immunity to your suction, if they hit you in the head while you have it activated, they will receive very unusually high recoil, use this to ward of or keep away animals such as cachalots, other whales, humpbacks etc.
- Sticking an animal between a whirlpool and your suction will most likely make them unable to escape and die, you can camp in or near whirlpools to get a guaranteed kill on almost any animal passing by.
- you have three boost bars, each bar allows you to chain three charged or uncharged boosts represented as small or big circles to form a combinations, the combinations if played well plays a "song", songs vary with combinations and have differing effects.
- in this tutorial songs will be represented as "-" for uncharged and "o" for charged, each songs are temporary but have different lasting times and ranges.
- --- is speed song and speeds you up, useful for fleeing and "hit and running"
- ooo is blast song and creates a blast that stuns enemies around you useful to flee disorient a team or stunlocking an opponent
- --o is slow song, it slows down animals, useful to prevent an animal to flee or pursue you
- o-o is war song, it greatly elevates your damage, useful to tank face to face and hunt
- -o- is heal song, it restores your health by elevating your regeneration useful to flee, heal and tank
- oo- is ruin song it chips 15% of the remaining health of animals in range, useful to give you an advantage but make sure to play it first
- using combination combos, you can become the most versatile animal and adapt to any situations
- you can destroy a shell in pearl defense all by yourself as your blast song can stun remoras and surrounding animals for a while, repeating this process can give you time to destroy the shell, however this is not recommended as it is an exploit.
- you have to chain your songs and cannot save the first part of the song as the circles will disappear after a few seconds.
- watch out for animals that can cause bleeding, they can kill you quickly if they work in teams. To prevent this, you can use a blast and speed song together for quick escapes.
- you cannot boost, instead, when you fill one of your four boost bars, you summon a remora, an AI that travels alongside you and, when commanded to, will crash into an animal
- you can command remoras by clicking near the animal you want to target, the remoras will chase it at high speeds, but do have a range though.
- when all four remoras crash an animal, they will deal a large amount of damage
- when an animal decides to face to face you, send all remoras into them (preferably into their back), this will most of the time give you the upper hand and limits their escape choices
- when disadvantaged and chased, just keep your boost pressed and eat, this will make you constantly spawn remoras that will attack the pursuer for you, this can turn situations around easily, and especially if the enemy health is already low as single remoras are often underestimated.
- when dealing with hit and running animal, staying stationary with all remoras can easily ward them off as their low HP makes remora dealt damage more important.
- when grabbed, send all remoras into the grabber
- make sure to constantly eat to replenish your remoras
- your remoras can be distracted and chase the wrong animal, in the time it takes to adjust them and for them to travel to the attacker, you are left more vulnerable.
- remoras are difficult to dodge but can be, especially if your opponent is fast, be careful
- when chasing an opponent or in 1v1, you don't have to stay right behind them just stay close, eat and spam remoras, this will constantly pressure them and slows down healing, try to have secondary remoras prepared in case they heal and decide to attack.
- remoras can be stunned and pushed by humpback and basking shark's blast, be careful when fighting one.
Giant Squid[edit | edit source]
- Avoid sperm whales (Cachalots), Sleeper Sharks and Colossal Squids as they can easily kill you if you are not prepared only fight these if your skilled enough. You can still sometimes kill cachalots if you get the first move AND you have three boosts. If not, boost away to avoid its slowing ability.
- Attack other top tier animals(like orcas, but be careful as skilled orcas will grab you) by going up to the surface and bringing them down deeeep. but look at your health at all times.
- The dragging technique also works backward, as your pressure bar exceeds most deeeep animal's, you can drag deep sea animals to the surface and kill them, this technique can be useful to get an easy kill on a goblin shark or fight a colossal squid
- When dragging an animal down, make sure to turn around at the last moment, this will put you on top of the enemy, preventing it from boosting upward and allowing you to grab it again, the enemy will always get ejected behind so you can also use it to trap an enemy in one of the narrow passage in the deeeep.
- You will always be ejected from the enemy when releasing it in the direction you were facing, when your health is low, although risky, you can grab an enemy and drag it until finding a spot filled with food, then eject yourself into the food to refill your boost and heal.
- You can drag and eject your enemy into an air pocket, a well timed action like this will make you push/hit the enemy into the air pocket, the opponent will then fall back onto you etc. reducing the enemy's action and making it significantly harder for it to get away.
- Be careful as it is very easy to lose track of your pressure bar
- If a cachalot is harassing you and is being a problem, DO NOT TAKE IT HEAD ON, as it has more health than you and can easily kill you.
- Watch out if your HP is low. Although you are in deeper water, a daring shark may try to investigate that large drop of blood below them, and boost directly down, more often than not landing a direct hit and killing you.
- Stay at the top of the deep and wait until you see an animal to eat if you are looking for some easy xp. However be careful if you don't know what you are doing as you can easily die.
- staying at the deep part of the arctic sounds kinda smart as you can camp easily.
Goblin Shark[edit | edit source]
- Don't underestimate the power of your charged boost, it slows whoever it hits and deals some hefty damage, allowing you to take on a lot of creatures.
- You can take on most top tier deeeep animals head on, as long as you use all of your charged boosts on them, due to the damage, you can usually win against Giant and Colossal Squids, and Sleeper Sharks.
- Be careful when needing to run from a fight, as your uncharged boosts only provide a 20% speed increase. Instead, fire a regular projectile at your opponent, slowing them.
- Avoid confronting Cachalots at all costs, they still beat you head to head even when you use all three of your charged boosts on them. And due to the fact that your boosts provide very little in terms of additional mobility, you're screwed if a cach gets close enough to slow you if you're not right by the titanic (The large shipwreck in the cave furthest to the left in the deeeep, as tier 10s can hide in it).
- It's best to avoid confronting Humbolts if they have all of their drones, as the three of them deal more damage than you can handle before you can get the main one killed. Don't be afraid to mercilessly slaughter a Humbolt you come across if it doesn't have any drones, it's an easy kill and eliminating a potential threat to your rule over the deeeep.
- Be careful when fighting Giant Squids near the transition from shallow to deeeep waters, as their pressure bar exceeds yours, meaning they can hold you up there until you're dead, or leave you up there for the ocean tier 10s.
- You are relatively fragile compared to other tier 10s, and will need to rely on your charged boosts to get the edge on your fellow tier 10 deeeep animals, avoid fighting other tier 10s if you're out of boosts.
- Avoid going after tier 10 animals from other the other biomes. as your charged boosts usually won't cut it in a full fight.
- Your pressure timer isn't great, but it is enough to snag a quick kill on an unwary lower tier animal straying to close to the deeeep.
- Holding a fully charged boost for longer increases the range and speed of your projectile, at the cost of losing half of your speed and being unable to eat normal food (you can still eat fish and meat though), you can use this to be more stealthy while hiding in concealed places.
- In general, avoid fighting any mammalian tier 10s, as they can usually tank your charged boosts and still kill you. The same can also be applied to the sunfish.
- Your ability to slow targets from a long distance can prove to be invaluable in team FFA, combined with a Giant Squid's grab, almost nothing can get away.
- when close to the surface, avoid whales as it is nearly impossible to escape their suction and they can tank you, even with all three boosts
- your uncharged boost deals 150 dmg upon contact, your charged and instantly released boost will deal 160 dmg and the damage, speed and range of the projectile will gradually increase, the longer you charge and the slower you become, at maximum charge (-50% speed), the projectile will deal 210 dmg, adjust strategically how much you charge.
Eagle[edit | edit source]
- Attack Birds; they give decent XP.
- Attack Snakes (NOT anacondas) They have 5 seconds of air and can be drowned very easily.
- Avoid the orcas. They can boost out of the water and grab you, but if you are higher then flying ducks, but slightly lower than the clouds, then the orca will not have time to fall into water when it holds you.
- You can see nearby animals by your "radar". Make use of this to avoid from other top tier animals and hunt for the prey.
- Bald Eagle can grab prey only above the water, but can boost underwater. This is useful for escaping orcas if they grab you.
- If the eagle accelerates and falls into prey which it can not lift, it imposes the effect of bleeding. The higher you are, the more damage it deals. (Caps at 225 I think) Use this to attack other eagles. When you see another eagle, get as high as you can so they cannot death combo you.
- Do not attack seagulls and pelicans if you don't have enough health or too many of them, since they can kill you.
- Go to the highest part of the sky to travel faster with the wind if you are playing FFA. There are two different heights for different directions of wind.
- This class is generally underpowered (glass cannon) and it is advised to not play it.
- Be careful of snapping turtles and beavers. They can face tank you underwater.
Manta Ray[edit | edit source]
- It is the second weakest in the top tier when it doesn't have any drone animals with it. Don't fight with other animals when you just evolved (except 10 piranhas, but be careful of teaming)
- Grabbing beavers will let you hide in dams but the ability is near useless as there are no dams in the ocean.
- Rays are useful in letting you hide against surfaces, they are very easy to find if you're playing on Snoot's maps as they have AI rays. Anglerfish gives the same effect
- Also, grabbing birds or frogs can gain one more boost, grabbing flying fish, Olm, little auks and clownfish will give you a small speed buff.
- Try grabbing jellyfish and snake to poison someone with your boost, bats will do slow, pufferfish is preferred over jellyfish and snake because you do not need to use boosts to poison.
- Try grabbing crabs but preferably isopods as they give you a good armor buff which can greatly increase your already strong tankiness. With 4 isopods you will have 60% damage block and 1000hp which makes you the tankiest animal in the game.
- You can clear your set of animals with a charge boost, however it will remove all your animals and leave you exposed.
- Avoid whales and humpbacks as the whale's suction ability and the humpback's stun song will clear your set of buffs and leave you weak
- Try getting two birds or frogs, a jellyfish and, a worm as you will slow and poison aminals with your boosts and you will have four boost bars.
- Fun fact: you can have 4 lampreys attacked to your manta and 4 more in your aura, with the capacity to hold 8 lampreys you are the ultimate lamprey bus!
Hippo[edit | edit source]
- Crocodiles are a serious threat if they know what they are doing, They can easily dodge your boosts so always be careful.
- Piranhas are easy to counter and they should be your main source of food.
- Be careful of animals from the ocean coming in, as a lot of them have an advantage over you
- your lack of maneuverability while boosting makes it hard to turn around, pointing at a direction other than your current one while boosting and deactivating the boost will cause you to instantly turn that way and surprise opponents
- the stun inflicted by your boost cancels charged boost making you a big threat to animals with long charging boosts
- you can use your boost to pin animals against the ground or push them into unfavorable environments, this especially deadly against animals with low mobility
Marlin[edit | edit source]
- Attack with boosting to make them bleed. Run away, then attack again
- Be careful around any evolution with low health
- If at low health go up, to where the air is, and use the jumping tactic
- When you're jumping out of the water you getting +33% speed (max +99% speed) by this you can jump pretty high. Also if people touch you while your going faster they will bleed(same effect as the boost)
- If after the jump hit the animal/fish, then it will have a bleeding effect or if you hit animal/fish with boost.
- If something is being a nuisance, use your speed to your advantage and try and juke it. It is also advised to boost away in the air
- Target Whales and Cachalots when you get the hang of Marlin, boost into the (sperm)whale and let it lose health during the bleeding effect while you run away to regain your boost, repeat until it is dead.
- Watch out when going toe-to-toe with a shark. (or tail-to-tail?) because the shark would most likely notice your presence, and you would only be one step away from a surprise attack and getting one-shotted to your doom.
- This is the biggest counter to sunfish, so if you are in a server metagame where sunfish is abundant, it would be a good idea to pick this animal, even if it's not your main.
- Look at your health continuously as it has low health.
- Do not face tank to Dolphins, hammerhead, leopard seals, and narwhals they have more damage than you and health so you will die if you 1v1.
Electric eel[edit | edit source]
- If you activate your boost don't waste it! Use it against the creature chasing you and you should be able to get the upper hand.
- Kill high tier animals and type "That was simply ELECTRIC" or "I'm SHOCKING aren't I?" or "What a STUNNING preformance" if you want to troll
- However, keep in mind that strong animals like shark, or fast animals like marlin, could boost into your territory, and shut you down in 2-3 hits, and their speed makes it hard to land a stun before they either boost away or kill you.
- Activating your boost around a hidden animal, such as ray or squid, will expose the animal
Crocodile[edit | edit source]
- If a lamprey attaches to you, you wont be able to fully disguise as dam, the lamprey will still show.
- It is a common myth that hippos are stronger than crocodiles, this is not true. If you encounter a hippo they will normally attempt to charge you, but their turning movement is limited while they use their boost.
- Shake VIGOROUSLY, I mean REALLY LET YOUR ANIMAL OUT. This is key to out damaging enemies as your dps skyrockets when you fling your mouse around
- However, a good strategy you have to keep in mind, is that you have to see where to throw your victim. If you could corner your victim so you could boost repeatedly to damage it over and over again, it would be much better and more effective than dealing the full damage to the victim, but having it escape after just one grab. For example, grab, shake, and press your opponent into a wall for extra hits, the best way to achieve this is by quickly vibrating your finger on the pad from side to side, this will make your crocodile almost seems like it's not moving but still deal heavy damage and giving you full control over where the enemy is ejected.
- try to eject your enemy away from food, it will take practice but you will remember aproximatly how much time the shaking takes and be able to immediatly turn and head for the food or chain grab it after ejecting.
- ejecting an enemy close to a surface will bounce it back to you allowing you to hit or chaingrab.
- grabbing and throwing another animal from the surface will project them with a force almost equal to a surface boost, throwing the enemy sideways projects them very far away, and vertically makes it stay in the air for a while then falls back, a well adjusted sidethrow can be used to separate a team or stick an aquatic enemy on land whilst a well adjusted upthrow can, make the opponent fall back onto you, stucking it in the air and preventing a quick escape, allow you to chain grab or allow you to stall for food to heal and/or fill your boost bar again or escape.
- don't underestimate your grabbing range, you will travel a few times your size before the grab deactivates, you do not have to do it too up close.
- if another grabber launches towards you and activates its grabs first, activate yours onto him second, this will make your grab take priority and cancel his boost.
- performing a surfaceboost above water in a fight but aiming downward, especially with the grab, will make your boost faster and able to catch opponents off guard or if aiming the side will allow you to travel far fast to catch up to a fleeing prey or run towards food or away from a predator.
Polar bear[edit | edit source]
- Apparently you can BURROW INTO THE BOTTOM OF ICEBERGS! use this for ambushes, and you don't lose oxygen.
- You can out damage most threats head on with snowballs
- Good at pearl defense - stun animals to get the pearl (humpbacks are actually better with knockback b let it chase you. As soon as it's about to boost into you, turn around anpppoooopd stun it. Because in deeeep.io, there is no time spent on turning around, you could surprise-stun lock a shark or an orca if they fall for this. This could almost guarantee their death.
- Remember you have no boosts so running away could be a tricky tactic if not experienced
- be careful, your snowballs have no effect on walruses if they activate their boost.
Sawfish[edit | edit source]
- Sawfish is relatively good at killing the Lion's Mane Jellyfish because the bleed effect from its ability does decent damage (about 60 each tick of bleed damage).
- Sawfish can facetank most grabbables due to its insane dps.
- Many people think sawfish is underrated but if used properly, with stealth, it can take down prey with its insane bleed. Vulturing is also relatively easy.
- Buying the sawshark skin will change your biome to the ocean only, you will also be able to go to the deep sea for much longer, you will generally have higher chances of survival with it.
- Be careful, thresher shark on it's own is pretty weak, your charged boost locks you on your trajectory but allows you to be oriented elsewhere (for example, activating your ability going left will make you keep going left at your regular swim speed but you can turn and point your head to the right), you will then shoot a volley of projectiles backwards emanating from your tail, the projectiles are very fast but go in different directions, this makes them very inacurate the projectiles damage and slow down whoever they hit.
- when shooting at an enemy, shooting up close makes more projectiles hit than afar.
- your ability is very good at discouraging a pursuer, especially if they are up close.
- as your ability locks you on your current trajectory and speed, while pursuing a prey you can activate it to keep going in the prey's direction, shoot at it and then quickly turn around before the end of the lock to continue chasing it.
- after the end of the lock, your shark will go in in whichever direction it was pointing towards during the lock, you can use it to act unpredictably and disorient opponents.
- your trajectory lock doesn't only work for your swim, it will lock on your current trajectory and speed, allowing it to lock onto any momentum you take, for example activating it right after hitting an enemy locks you on the recoil momentum, making you very fast for an extended amount of time, same with landing after a surfaceboost.
- using the action above, you can perform a fleeing maneuver where instead of fleeing away you hit the pursuer in the face and activate the ability on the recoil, this can carry you faster than normally while allowing you to shoot, this can be an effective tactic although slightly complex.
- activating your ability right after landing a surfaceboost locks you on your jump momentum and makes you travel far at insane speeds, useful for getting away after an opponent tracked your jump but be careful as it can easily push you into the deeeep.
- A skilled thresher can be an amazing support in pearl defense, slowing down a chasing team and slowing/killing a fleeing enemy
Atlantic torpedo ray
- You have two boosts, uncharged: regular boost that can burrow you in the ground (only uncharged has this effect), half charged (yellow): makes you emit electricity that stuns damage animals that hit or grab you, and fully charged (red): makes you boost and emit electricity dealing big damages.
- your half charged boost bumps away animals, use it to get away when chased
- it is wiser not to prepare and keep your fully charged boost charged when not needing it as you only have two boosts and all types of them have wildly different effects, leaving you with more versatility if free to choose.
- make sure to get a couple of hits while having a prey stunned.
- burrowing into the ground makes you go very slow and lose oxygen but you can use it to ambush, hide, recover health or if you're about to die because of pressure after being dragged by a GS, bleed or poison burrow to block your food from your killer by burying yourself underground before dying.
- Stay still when burrowing in ground slowly regenerates you’re boost
- be careful as it takes time to bury and you can still get hit while doing so
- beware, your red boost stuns the opponent but can also electricize it, making it very weakly stun whoever hits it, including you.
- activate your half boost before getting grabbed, this prevents the grabber from moving and can deal some hefty damage to it.
- you have a passive aura that forms when both your boost bars are filled, it is fairly large and slows down animals in it but isn't that useful.
- be careful as the presence or non presence of your aura indicates to opponents the number of boost you have.
- this tip is very specific but if your half charged boost (electricity emission) hits another torpedo ray near the ground, it can send it into the ground, remember, torpedo rays are very slow in the ground so this will allow you to effectively flee from one in the right conditions.
- you are very fragile, your charged boost catches small animals and bleeds big animals, when having an animal caught, you will drag it backwards, charge your boost again to swallow it and deal DPS. When playing as the Moray eel be unpredictable for example in TFFA make your Moray friends hide in tunnels and try to lead larger animals to your desired spot and this would make a amazing ambush attack.
- due to your fragility, effects such as bleed or poison can be more dangerous to you. Avoid face tanking and fighting large animals such as Orcas, Basking Sharks ect. Fighting these animals will most likely lead to death but when these animals are injured take the chance and try to finish them off.
- you are very small in size and move at rather high speeds, these traits allow you to easily maneuver through the reef and allows you to pass where some animals can't, this can be useful when fleeing.
- the reef is the optimal place to stay at and there are many thin secret tunnels and hiding places, you can fit through all of them so try to learn them as you can use them to hide, flee or ambush.
- tunnels and burrows aren't the only place you can use to hide, the biggest corals in the reef, the ones that can cover a tier 10 can provide mildly suitable hiding spots due to your thin size, you can somewhat hide in the stalks of the big purple corals with holes in them and in the sides of the big pink/red corals looking like stacked cups but you must have a short name.
- because of your fragility but high damage output, it is wiser to adopt an ambushing or "hit and running" strategy, Having the first hit on your opponent is very useful.
- you can drag a caught or swallowed animal into a hiding place or near the ground to block or pin them.
- if a strong animal decides to attack you while you have a caught or swallowed an animal, you can click to regurgitate them and throw them at your attacker, this can distract them and allow you to flee.
- you can still eat while having caught or swallowed an animal, this means you can still charge your boosts while dragging an animal to swallow them or catch them again once they flee.
- A tactic of hunting smaller prey is to do a charge boost and catching the prey then throwing it into a tunnel (Can't be too small) leaving you with a quick meal. Another way of killing prey when no tunnels are around in swallow the prey and hold it in for a couple seconds then aiming down and clicking again; your prey will be launched just above so you can finish it off with a couple hits.
- When your inside a tunnel and there is a shell blocking the way try swiminng as high as you can to squeeze through it making it a fleeing plan.
Bull shark[edit | edit source]
- Its ability can kill fragile animals.
- Use your boosts wisely because the overall damage is powerful.
- If your fighting a bull shark the thing that will decide the winner is who boost first.
- You have lifesteal so when you are low aim to hit sides, this will insure free damage and better healing
Coconut Crab[edit | edit source]
• if you are getting chased and you have low hp, then you can charge boost them to make them slow and sink or walk on the sea bed, walking is faster than swimming
• if you see a water creature on land, use charged boost and ground attacks to rip them to shreds
• great against basically everything (except giant squid)
• if you see a creature that breathes air, charge boost it to make it sink and then eat, when they come back up, then charge boost them over and over eventually drowning them,
- some good locations for you to hunt is esturary and also kelp forest just don't hunt in open ocean
- When you use a claw you there is no cooldown for a regular land hit and thus you can deal two hits quite fast
- Jumping after a hit is a better way of dealing damage than spamming hit as the hit cooldown is just as long as the time it takes to jump and once you land you can hit again meaning you can deal approx double the dps if you execute it correctly. This is the basics for combos.
Colossal Squid[edit | edit source]
- PD/1v1: A great counter to Basking Shark
- But watch out for cachalots
- Do not accelerate with the tentacles, since the maximum acceleration is only 25%, and this wastes time and boosts, or do it only in extremal situations, or if you have a lot of volcanic food neaby.
Leatherback Turtle[edit | edit source]
PD: Great for damaging the remoras
Great against swarms as you can break out with your shield when surrounded.
Use your charged boost when grabbed.
You can kill an orca and other "grabbers" using your boost shield, but if ou haven't any boosts now, they are so dangerous.
Giant Softshell Turtle[edit | edit source]
PD: Great for breaking pearls and annoying the opponents. You can easily regenerate boosts in shell.
Attacking does no recoil, so if you have full boost you can be very annoying, chasing a fish with your face in its butt and damaging it over time, when it boosts away you boost too.
Smart for 1v1 but be careful for sunfish as you also have no recoil, and they heal. In a face to face fight they will win despite having a bit less health if at or near the surface, so if you have to face one do it deeper underwater.
When you are running short on oxygen hiding in your shell then popping out multiple times should bring your oxygen bar up to full, use this to ambush and surprise opponents who expect you to run out out of oxygen and take damage.
Alligator Snapping Turtle[edit | edit source]
When fighting, make sure you have all three boosts and right now you are holding a full boost.
Always start fighting with a full boost hit, and you hit them once or twice, while hitting them once or twice, make sure you are charging a boost.
After you charge you boost while hitting once or twice, hit them with the full boost and repeat the whole process again.
Walrus[edit | edit source]
Make sure you are face tanking with your prey.
But grabbers can grab and kill you while you are using ability, especially the Giant squid.
Elephant Seal[edit | edit source]
Jellyfish is useful for you. (Медуза вам пригодится.)
Damage and speed increases the lower your health is. (Урон и скорость тем больше, чем ниже ваше здоровье.)
Inflicts poison and bleed on hit when it has them. (Наносит яд и кровотечение при попадании, когда они есть.)
Anaconda[edit | edit source]
PD : The DPS dealt when coiling can severely damage an opponent if it is coiled by multiple anacondas.But in PD you can easily defend and attack because if there are atleast 2 or more anacondas they can latch on even if the don`t kill they can help your team to go and break the shell andhold down the defense
Worm[edit | edit source]
- Tier 10s can kill you, unlike other tier 1's
- Burrow for safety
- In Pearl Defense and Toxic Algae you now have oxygen underground. Remember that.
- you cannot eat algae while burrowing
- Great as a starter for eating berries, but will be found helpless in latter game with no friendly fire to tier 10s
- If you appeared as a worm, and you need to swim to a distant part of the map (for example, from the Arctic to the Swamp), then ignore the messages about evolution, since the worm can go through almost everything and hide from all predators, except for other worms, Bobbit worms and stonefish.
- But watch out - Worm has no boosts.
Little Auk[edit | edit source]
- escape from enemies by flying, or hiding in igloos
- In Pearl Defense, This is a very good animal to bring the pearls to the goal, as it can fly, and swim just as well (or better when it has a pearl, as flight is slowed when carrying it), as it has no natural buoyancy, so it can easily swim down to the pearl, grab it, and get back to the surface to fly. However, you won't be able to help kill things, though if an enemy bald eagle takes a pearl it can grab it back easily, as the eagle will be slowed when in the air and it can't attack back.
Leopard Seal[edit | edit source]
- Fast like a penguin but way deadlier
- If you swarm with other leopard seals you can kill nearly everything.
- Maybe the best tier 9's, if you are a skilled player
- Quite possible to become king of the arctic.
- Hit and run strategy, keep your boost always ready and check your oxygen level.
- You can outspeed many players, attack preferably weak top 10 tiers, or every lower tier.
- Watch out for Narwhales, they are stronger than you and can kill you.
- Blue whale isn't a big problem for you, you can escape easily the vacuum, attacking the whale and then rapidly turning in the other direction.
Sleeper Shark[edit | edit source]
- Good as a support in Pearl Defense , but can also take out a half of a crowd of the enemy team if used correctly , use your ability to stop animals with the pearl.
- A beast in deep caves in FFA. In the hands of a good player, the deep will fall easily, until the cachalot comes that is.
- You don't loose pressure in Arctic, so you can grab someone and swim into deeeep, where he will have damage from pressure. Remember it to hunt in FFA.
Basking Shark[edit | edit source]
- Use you charged boost in PD to destroy a whole group of piranhas.
- Use your charged boost to kill a group, you can get a multi kill if used correctly, also it is reccomended to use againist schools of NPC fish.
- You cannot be stunned by Humpback Whales, so don’t panic if a Humpback Whale is rushing towards you.
- You are also ungrabbable.
- Make sure you have boosts when fighting tier 10s.
- You will struggle to chase faster animals. If you want to hunt lower tier animals in the server, this animal is not suggested.
Hermit Crab[edit | edit source]
- You can travel more far than other animals if airboosting.
- You can live in places you can't (except the Artic) by hiding in your shell in air , and then get out in the water, and your stats will freeze as long as you're in that place.
- It's a new animal, so there are a few glitches.
- Remember to seek shells if you dont have one (even if its the worst), or you'll diee easily to higher tiers.
- If your shell is highly damaged get another with higher resistance including the ones that have less armor, as armor is not what matters, but it's the shell's resistance.
Bars[edit | edit source]
Oxygen[edit | edit source]
- The "Oxygen" bar is the bar that says oxygen.
- If you are an oxygen-breathing animal, you can replenish your oxygen while underwater by consuming an oxygen bubble near a shipwreck.
- If your breathing system is not adapted to land animal, your oxygen will go down when you are on land. That is the same if you are not adapted to the sea and go in the sea.
- The way to make your oxygen go up is to get in the air if you are a land animal or an animal need breathing on land just like Frogs. That is the same way if you are adapted to the sea just like a Piranha.
Salinity[edit | edit source]
- The "Salinity" bar is the bar that says salinity.
- Salinity is only able to affect you if you are in water, so use this as an advantage.
- If you go in an area that is not your biome, you will lose salinity.
- The way to make your salinity go up is to go in your appropriate biome.
Pressure[edit | edit source]
- The "Pressure" bar is the bar that says pressure.
- If you go over to the Deeeep when you weren't a Deeeep animal, your pressure bar will go down, and vice versa.
- Most animals have 5 seconds of pressure.
- The way to make your pressure go up is to go in the Deeeep if from the Deeeep and vice versa.
Temperature[edit | edit source]
- The "Temperature" bar is the bar that says temperature.
- If you go in an area that is too hot or too cold (Arctic Animal going out of the Arctic or Non-Arctic animal going in to the Arctic), your temperature will go down.
- The way to make your temperature go up is to STAY OUT OF THE ARCTIC!!!
- If you wish to stay in the Arctic, then eat the volcanic food. This raises your temperature if your temperature is too low.
NPCs[edit | edit source]
Lion's Mane Jellyfish[edit | edit source]
Lion's mane jellyfish are weak against five strategies.
- 1st strategy: Animals that cause bleeding, such as saw shark, marlin, and narwhal, can kill the jellyfish. Note that this can alert nearby sharks to go to the jellyfish and use the 3rd strategy. You can do this with a Marlin, But you might need 2 Marlins to beat it.
- 2nd strategy: Knock the jellyfish into the deeeep or swamp and wait for it to lose salinity and then eat its meat. The best way to do this is to use the sunfish or the electric eel.
- 3rd strategy: Knock the jellyfish on its bell (top of jellyfish) with another person. Not hitting its tentacles, smash the jellyfish back and forth.
- 4th strategy:Using a sunfish to kill it out. Sunfish has no recoil and doesn't take poison damage so you can attack it straight on .
- 5th strategy: Use the sea turtle or Leatherback and keep hitting the sides since turtles take no poison damage.
Sometimes the Lion’s Mane Jellyfish get trapped and become easy to kill.
AI fish[edit | edit source]
Pollocks, Lanternfish and Sardines do not have a lot of health and gives decent XP. Animals above tier 3 can kill them with one hit. [Wiki]
Gamemodes[edit | edit source]
FFA[edit | edit source]
- the general tips on top of the page and species tip can provide suitable tips for FFA
- teaming with other animals will at first seem like a good strategy but it's very unfair and will get you a lot of hate.
- different animals are more or less good against others, make sure to learn the matchups
- tier 10s can't kill most tier 1s directly(exception: worm and 1 piranha), you can follow them and steal their food if you are a tier 1, it works with basically any other animal but ones that can hide or defend themselves are more suited, they can also steal a kill and it's rewards, but if a goblin shark want to kill you then run as fast as you can, even one of its projectile can kill you
- lion's mane jellies may be hard to kill but you can attack them with other players. As a large amount of food is rewarded, try to run away as soon as possible as some players will take advantage and try to kill
- AIs such as sardines or lanternfish provide a good amount of XP for what they are, you can level up very fast by grinding them. (However Catfish farming XP is definitely faster than killing AI fish)
- Killing is the fastest way to get score, hunting is risky but if you can take out sizable prey it can really pay off
- You get score when you kill something along with the meat, focus on animals with more score than the bigger ones and if you can land the final blow you get the score even if someone else did most of the damage
TFFA[edit | edit source]
- same tips for TFFA as FFA except for the teaming one, form a team by clicking T, you can make others join and enlarge you swarm
- beware for swarms that are bigger than you.
- it depends on who the player wants to accept but generally bigger swarms with more skilled players are stronger.
First Version[edit | edit source]
- A FFA that has a 11 tier system: Clownfish, Crab, Squid, Seagull, Ray, Beaver, Hammerhead, Dolphin, Shark, Orca, Whale.
- There is NO FRIENDLY FIRE. If you are a squid, run away from whales. They CAN kill you in this gamemode.
- Flappy birds are strategical resources for those reaching hammerhead or beyond.
- If you are a Crab or a Beaver, try to boost to eat apples on the island.
- Hammerhead can eat apples.
- Whales cannot eat Flappy Birds.
- You are forced to evolve when with enough XP.
- Crabs do not sink to the sea and you don’t need to charge your boost in this mode.
Toxic algae[edit | edit source]
- it is advised to stay and eat as an animal capable of surviving lot's of biomes and with good defensive capabilities to know where the algae will narrow and decide more accurately which animals are best suited
- some animals are better then others when the algae is closing in as they can push animals into the algae, for example hippo or sunfish, LBST or basking, sleeper.
1vs1[edit | edit source]
- to have a decent kill streak, you must be very skilled and experienced with your animal and be prepared for any situation
- because of the different types of animal playstyles, some animals will be more or less easy to fight against, and it is important to learn to counter all playstyles, for example: adopt a hit and run playstyle against tanks or get up close against ranged foes.
- think and act quick
- it depends on the context and your animal but some animal's damage output and power in general depends solely in their boost activated abilities, (for example walrus or anaconda) for these ones, try to generally attack them before they can get all boosts
- getting a few hits before a face to face can generally give you the upper hand
- when an enemy health is lower than yours but yours is too, most of the time instead of pursuing them, you should get away and heal quickly as pursuing them will generally allow them to heal more than you
- make sure to know all of your animal's abilities and have a rough estimation of it's stats, this will allow you to know better what you can and can't do
- you can use this mode to experiment with new animals, test or practice with them
- some animals are better suited for 1v1 than others, require less skill to play and are sometimes frustrating to fight, notable examples being alligator snapping turtle,torpedo ray, leatherback, and whale, but any animal has flaws and weaknesses.
- food spawn is randomly generated, this means there are areas with higher or lower concentrations, if you arrive first, position yourself near an area with more food, this will allow you fill your boost faster, if you arrive last, choose your animal and enter the match when the opponent is somewhere far from food sources or distracted, take in account that the participant arriving in second will always spawn near the center on the opposite side of the opponent's initial spawn
- By the way someone posted an article called 1v1 tips and tricks about choosing animals (click here).
Pearl defense[edit | edit source]
- in PD two opposing team own two sides of the map, each side has two shells covering a pearl and protected by remoras, remoras deal heavy damage and if you charge into the shell, you will be attacked by the remoras, the goal is to break the shell and expose the pearl, once the pearl exposed, you must carry it to your side and throw it into a goal, do this twice to win.
- some animals are more suited for PD than others, for examples: a crocodile will be much more helpful than an eagle, but it's always better to have a variety of animal
- clownfish's ability causes it to go faster near other clownfishes, all starting with clownfish will give your team a speed boost, worm’s ability of digging the ground allows them to eat berries on the island easily and can also break the pearl if played skilfully as it won’t attract remoras
- some skilled animal can break a shell alone using their stats or abilities but it's rare and it's most of the time going to require team work, there are three main ways, 1) with a minimum of two players, one distracts the remoras while the other attacks, inverse and repeat 2) one or more animal sacrifices themselves to the remoras, this will decrease remora numbers will allow following team members to heal of the food left by the killed team members. 3). All the T10's that evolve from narwhal can break the shell alone. Whale can just go in and kill, so can Cach. Humpback can blast the remoras and break or get hit by the remoras and heal. Basking Shark do quite well too.
- it's better to evolve fast (some animal abilities help such as catfish's suction or seal's speed) and directly head to the adverse side with a stronger evolution, this will allow you to evolve faster by killing and slow down enemy progress.
- avoid heading alone head first into the enemy remoras if your health is not full, most likely they will kill you
- when your pearl has been taken retrieve it by hitting the head of the thief or grabbing it, stealthy and fast animals or grabbers are good for retrieving the pearl
- you can throw the pearl ahead of you to pass it to a team member or activate your boost, a powerful method is to throw it and surfaceboost, but don’t land at the middle of a island if you can’t walk, as most likely your pearl will be grabbed away by opponents.
- if you have the pearl better avoid enemy players and pass it to faster teammates.
- if you see a pile of meat or kill an animal, it is better to leave the food for a less evolved teammate, this will allow them to evolve faster and benefit the whole team. However, please be notified that food will degenerate over time
- Check your health before fighting, especially if you and your opponent are both in low health, as if you lost the opponent will heal from your meat and get boosts to kill your teammates
- when a teammate is carrying the pearl and there's no foe in front or needs to move or escape and you are faster than him or have boosts, push him in the direction he needs to go, it almost won't slow you down and will help your team a lot.
- don't be afraid to chat using the enter key, you can form tactics and give orders.