|15.0 (total: 1500)|
|6.0 (total: 120)|
|10 seconds (unaffected)|
The Whale is a tier 10 animal.
Mechanics[edit | edit source]
- Narwhals can evolve into whales.
- 48,000 XP is required for any of those animals to evolve into a whale.
- Whales do not evolve into any other animals, as they are one of the latest animals.
- Whales drop meat upon death.
- As a whale, friendly fire is turned off for all tier 1 to tier 6 animals, meaning you can't damage them nor be damaged by them.
- Despite friendly fire being turned off for jellyfish, if you absorb them they will poison you.
Abilities[edit | edit source]
Passive Abilities[edit | edit source]
|Release||Entering the ocean surface or arctic surface causes you to spit out all animals that you have absorbed.
Absorbing a jellyfish causes you to get poisoned until you spit it out.
Active Abilties[edit | edit source]
|Suction||None||Boosting causes you to suck in all animals, Manta ray's aura and food within a certain radius.
Food absorbed through the suction won't regenerate your boosts but will heal you.
The power of the suction depends on the target's speed.
Suitable Biomes[edit | edit source]
- The suitable biomes for the whale are the ocean, ocean surface, arctic, and arctic surface.
- If a whale enters the ocean, it will lose oxygen; however it can swim and its oxygen time is long enough for this to not matter.
- If a whale enters the arctic, it will lose oxygen; however it can swim and its oxygen time is long enough for this to not matter.
- If a whale enters the deeeep, it will lose oxygen and pressure.
- If a whale enters the swamp, it will lose oxygen and salinity.
- If a whale enters the swamp surface, it will not regenerate salinity.
Diet[edit | edit source]
This is a complete list of food that whales can eat.
|Name||Can be eaten by||Image||XP||Description|
|Barb||All except for the stonefish who spawned it||0||Spawns behind a stonefish using their active ability. Deals damage upon eating it (7% of max life). Poisons anyone who eats it with a base DPS of 10% that lasts 5 seconds (except poison-immune animals). Despawns after 4 seconds.|
|Bubble||All animals that breathe air||0||Affected by gravity, floats upwards. Spawns out of the window of the shipwreck. Replenishes oxygen to animals that breathe air.|
|Bird Poop||All except for lamprey and seagull||10||Affected by gravity. Automatically spawns below any seagull every 10 seconds.|
|Plankton||All||25||Spawns in the ocean.|
|Ice||All||50||Spawns in the arctic and deeeep.|
|Volcano Food||All except lamprey||125||Affected by gravity, floats upwards. Spawns out of volcanoes, which can be hidden in and are located in the arctic and the deeeep. When eaten as an animal that is not suited to the arctic, it will replenish some of your temperature.|
|Person||Tier 9 to tier 10 except sunfish and stonefish||300||Spawns just above the water. Does not spawn in the arctic.|
|Flappy Duck||Ray to tier 10 except bald eagle||675||Spawns in a horizontal line just below the height limit.|
|Meat||All||1000||Spawns where an animal dies (tier 2 to tier 10 animals only). The amount of meat that spawns depends on what animal it was.|
Hiding Places[edit | edit source]
Whales cannot hide anywhere as they are a tier 10 animal.
History[edit | edit source]
This section highlights all the changes made to the whale in documented updates so far. A full changelog can be found here.
|December 12th, 2016||Added two new animals with special abilities: whales and orcas!|
|Decemeber 15th, 2016||Whales can no longer absorb each other.|
|January 18th, 2017 (Later)||Fixed whale bug that allowed it to absorb beavers, and many other tweaks.|
|January 19th, 2017||Whales can now hit (but not absorb) other whales again.
Animals inside whales can no longer lose temperature.
|January 21st, 2017||Whales can no longer attack each other.|
|February 13th, 2017||Whales and killer whales can now hit each others' species.
DogJelly's idea: Whale's attack increases when killer whales or sharks are near. 5% per shark and 15% per orca, stackable 5 times. Attack only increases towards Sharks/Orca.
|February 14th, 2017||Whale's skill now absorbs nearby food.|
|February 18th, 2017 (Later)||Fixed the whale's ability.|
|February 28th, 2017||Whale: Food eaten while using skill no longer regenerates boost.
Removed whale damage bonus for sharks (and bonus for orcas is divided by amount of whales near).
|April 6th, 2017||Attacks against whales don't get increased by speed if it's using its skill.|
|April 15th, 2017||Fixed a bug involving animals using ability when hit by a whale using its skill.
Whales can no longer suck cachalots.
Fixed a bug that caused lampreys to be unable to attach to whales.
|May 19th, 2017||All: Whale's skill now absorbs barbs and snowballs.|